/*

Friday, January 14, 2005

Chantico

Okay, I've heard a lot about this Chantico business at Starbucks so I finally went and checked it out myself. And I must say, the very first sip is amazingly delicious. Wowie. But for me personally, it wins the "Drink with Greatest Diminishing Returns" award. Just way way way too rich for my taste. By the time I got to my tenth sip, it actually made me shudder. I like my chocolate syrup drizzled on icecream, not served hot in a mug.

Also, no one knows how to pronounce it. At least none of the employees at the Starbucks I went to. See, one of my pet peeves is the trend in naming products to sound fancy. So I boycott them. Boycotted items include:

Garnier Nutrisse
Yoplait Nouriche
Olay Regenerist

2 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

Yeah, I kept ordering the Chantico and the Starbuck's employee kept saying, "Espresso?" I have a link on my site to an article that gives the correct way to pronounce it. If you need to search the internet for an article telling you the correct way to pronounce a product, that company has FAILED.

Isn't it freaking crack? The first few sips are great but then after a while, you honestly feel like you're taking in a substance that was not meant to be ingested.

12:49 PM  
Blogger S said...

The first few sips were really really really good. Amazing. Everyone should pay three dollars at one point in their lives to experience those first few sips. But yeah, you definitley feel like you're doing something really bad to your body once you get past the initial "oh my god..."

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home