/*

Monday, January 10, 2005

Weekend Recap

Rainy days and Mondays...

Okay. Enough with the rain. I like a little rain, here and there, to mix things up a bit, but when I can kayak to work it's too much. Besides, as I had mentioned, Pig hates the rain and walking her in it is just no fun.

So I had a very magical weekend. I finished reading "Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell," a fictional book about two magicians in the 1800's, which started and ended better than the middle part of the book. Also, we rented Harry Potter 3 last night. And I started my other new book "Eragon" which is also very magical. There's a dragon on the front cover. Okay, it's a kids book, but it supposed to be good. Also, I started "The Cat Who Can Read Backwards" which is apparently the first in a long series of mysteries. Max's grandma lent it to me. I'm not sure I'm going to like this series, because I really don't like cats, and if there's a talking cat in them, it's totally over for me, but I'm only in the second chapter so who knows? Might end up being okay. John Qwilleran is definitely no Agatha Raisin, but it's not bad so far.

You may not believe me, but once upon a time I did read "literature"...Really. Honest.

What else? Not much. Max spent the weekend watching football, as I read on the couch. Several months ago, before the start of the season, we wrote up our picks and put a bet on it. So far we're tied, but whoever loses has to be the other person's bitch for a day. Oh please please PLEASE let New England win the Superbowl!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home