/*

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Weekend Recap

GOOOOOOOOOO NEW ENGLAND!!!!

I told Max that if I win the football bet, I'm having Wimmin's Poker night at my place and I'm going to make him dress up like a wifey and have him serve us hors d'oeuvres and martinis. And I'm going to make him sit by my side as I play and insist that he laughs at all my jokes. And I might slap his ass if he's slow.

Lord, please please please let me win.

So here's the breakdown:

-If the Superbowl is Philly vs. New England, and New England wins, I win. If NE loses, I lose.
-If Philly does not make it into the Superbowl, regardless of whether NE makes it to the Superbowl, I win.

So as you all watch the games (or not) bear in mind that Max's dignity and total sense of manhood is on the line. And really, let's not get into what will happen if I lose because truthfully I'm totally terrified and can't even bear to think of it.

On to the recap...

So this weekend was an excellent 3 day weekend. Perfect blend of fun activities and lounging in front of the tv. See I need the fun activities to make the weekend exciting, but I also need the lounging to make the weekend feel long. Friday night started with a big ten person game of poker. I went out somewhere in middle and Kate won the whole pot!!! How awesome is that? She's barely played and she went home with a hundred bucks. Saturday was a lounging day. Football, Harold & Kumar, and Stepford Wives, in that order. Sunday was pretty much a lounging day as well. I napped through Dodgeball (blech) and caught one of my all time favorite movies - 12 Angry Men - on AMC. Sunday night, we went over to Julia's to watch the Golden Globes and play the Golden Globes drinking game. (on a side note - when is one too old to play drinking games???) Rules included drink when:

-someone thanks their agent, manager or lawyer
-you see a nipple
-presenter makes a lame joke
-any mention of tsunami
-a recipient is drunk
-a recipient cries

There were other ones, but I can't remember. Lots of people thanked their agents/managers/lawyers. Mariska Whatever from L&O SVU and Lisa Ling were nipply. Jim Carrey killed us on the lame jokes - one after another! Leo did us service by mention tsunami. Shatner, Glenn Close, and Lisa Marie Pressley were clearly under the influence of something. And Jamie Foxx pretty much cried. Needless to say, it was fun.

Hmm....can't seem to remember what I did yesterday. Knowing me I watched a lot of tv - OH OF COURSE!!! I forgot. X-Files marathon on TNT. That took up most of the day. Oh and Max and I did five loads of laundry, so that too took up most of the day. FIVE LOADS. Can you believe it? We spent the rest of the day tidying up. His friend AJ is coming into town tonight and staying for a week. I'm pretty excited because AJ is...frankly...awesome. Really nice guy who gets himself into the most ridiculous and hysterical situations. The stories are endless, and when you hear them all you can say is "NO???" "Really?" "I don't believe it!" "Who'd do something like that??!!!" Anyway, he's in town for a clarinet audition and will be staying at Max's apartment.

Coolest thing of the weekend - apparently this black cardigan sweater, the kind that goes with everything, which I thought was stolen from my office nearly a year ago (although, really, so not worth stealing) was actually at Julia's!

Reunited and it feels so good.....


2 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Ooh, you know what's creepy? Kevin and I watched both the Stepford Wives and Dodgeball this weekend also. Hmm.

1:08 PM  
Blogger S said...

Creepy. Maybe more creepy is the fact that either of those movies actually got made. I didn't like them - did you?

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home