/*

Monday, February 28, 2005

Weekend Recap

Wowee. Work haz been crazee buzee. I didn't even notice that I didn't post on Friday until just now. Friday was pretty stressful. Had a ton of work and had to leave early to go to this restaurant called Saddle Peak Lodge to celebrate Max and my four year anniversary. FOUR YEARS!! That's a really long time. Anyway, we had to leave my office at 6 p.m. to make the 8 p.m. reservation we had made. Now, this restaurant is about half an hour away under normal driving circumstances, but with the rains and it being Friday afternoon, traffic was ridiculous. Max had read about this restaurant in Newsweek (and to clarify Julia, Jeremy did not write the review for Newsweek, he just wrote about it here). The restaurant specializes in big-game so Max tried the roasted elk tenderloin and I had pheasant. The pheasant was really good, but the elk was a bit too gamey for me, so I'm glad Max was the one who ordered it. Very romantic place, nestled in the Santa Monica mountains and we had a great time. I think it was a bit over-priced (we ordered a shrimp appetizer that cost nearly $20 for THREE shrimps) but I'm really glad we went.

Saturday we hung around the apartment and watched tv. Oh and we watched THE VILLAGE, which I thought was pretty terrible. And predictable. Max was good and went to the gym while I took a three hour nap on the loveseat. Really, I'm just not short enough to fit comfortably on a loveseat. Not for three hours, at least. Anyway, afterwards, we went to play poker at Dan's place. I won the first game and won me $60! Sweet. The pot was really $80, but we decided second place should get their buy-in plus ten. Max made a killer comeback and almost won the second game, but Dan managed to beat him.

Sunday. More sleeping too long on small pieces of furniture. We got back really late Saturday night from poker so after walking Pig and eating breakfast, I took a two hour nap on this green chair I have. It's very comfy, but again, not comfy enough for a super long nap. Seriously - I'd like think I'm sore from all the exercising but I suspect it's really from sleeping in all these weird positions.

Speaking of exercise, I seem to have slipped off my cardio calendar. Went to the gym MTW, took TH off, per the calendar, was supposed to go back on Friday but got home late (went to a script reading TH night) so I skipped Friday. Logical thing was to make it up on Saturday, but um, I skipped Saturday as well so while I was at it, I decided to skip Sunday and since I had a hard time getting up this morning, I skipped today as well. Not good. I think it's going to take more than four weeks for me to get through this four week cardio calendar schedule.

6 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Happy four year anniversay :)

Mike and I just had our four month.

3:42 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

BTW - Did you see any of the Oscars? So boring. The only good part was when Chris Rock asked moviegoers at the Magic Johnson theater what their favorite movies were last year. "White Chicks" was a big fave and no one saw any of the movies nominated.

3:44 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh god. The Oscars were SO boring. There were like NO reaction shots from the audience. All I kept seeing was friggin Dustin Hoffman and Kate Winslet. And Jay-Z for some reason.

Also, was there some sort of discount for Beyonce? Like 3 songs for the price of 1? She was on the stage longer than anyone else. Chris Rock included.

5:17 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Sareet--

Don't worry about the gym. You are doing fine. Go slowly back into it-you'll get there.

And I didn't even get to see the Oscars! I wanted to watch, but the in-laws were here and I got out voted--the Dukes of Hazard marathon on CMT won.

9:06 AM  
Blogger S said...

elliot - i totally want to hear about the in-laws visit. email or call me sometime when you get a chance.

10:40 AM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

did he freakin' say, "grilled llama?"

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home