/*

Friday, July 22, 2005

It's Friday!!

So it's finally Friday. Max has been gone officially for a week. I really could have used his help this morning - there was a GINORMOUS cockroach leering at me from the bathtub. Now, I know I'm prone to exaggeration, but this thing was HUGE. Seriously - its body was the length of a bobby pin. Add long legs and antennae to it and you get the idea - GINORMOUS. I could have kept it as a pet for Pig, it was that large. Anyway, I felt kind of bad about killing it with the my roach spray. When you kill something that big, its, um, death, is really apparent. Oh well. It was probably very germy anyway, and it's not like I really wanted to catch it in a cup and set it free, only to find it, or its millions of relatives, returning back to my apartment.

Anyway, it's Friday. I hate to admit it, but I'm totally going to go see MUST LOVE DOGS this weekend. There - I've said it, it's out there. It looks terrible, and I'm not a fan of Diane Lane, but I love romantic comedies. Even bad ones. If you are in the mood to see it as well, but are too ashamed to ask your boyfriend/roommate/other friends, let me know. Otherwise, I plan to make a digusting Girlie Me Day out of it. Brunch with Pig somewhere with a patio (if it's not too hot), manicure, pedicure, shopping, MUST LOVE DOGS, and maybe I'll make some bellinis (had it at a very posh spa yesterday - champagne plus fresh peach puree) and settle in with Freaky Friday in the evening. I fear that this weekend, the true extent of the girlie grossness that resides within me will be rearing its hot pink & lavender scented head out. If I get really bored, I'm going to make potpourri sachets to put in the dresser drawers. Max's gym t-shirts are in for a lovely surprise!

4 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

While I don't like the romantic comedy all that much, I do like me some John Cusack. He's nice to look at (although I heard something about him that was rather icky).

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I will TOTALLY go with you to see it if you want company. Jared rolls his eyes every time I say I want to see it.

BTW, I really think that the heat is what is bringing the roaches out. I woke up to find one a foot from my head in the middle of the night earlier this week and I really won't go into the details of the drama that ensued but let's just say that it involved help at 2 in the morning from my hot drunk neighbor boy. Yow.

3:49 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh awesome - let's go next weekend then.

What icky stuff about John Cusack? (if it's really icky, better just to tell me in person...)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Plumb said...

High Fidelity is the one movie that nobody at Working Title ever wanted to talk about, and I slowly picked up that it was because Cusack was such a dick.

Never managed to get any details, but you know that blonde chick with the Swedish-sounding name who played his ex in that movie? He apparently ruined her marriage, for starters.

(cue all the ladies yelling at me for ruining everything)

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home