/*

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Peg Leg Pig

Well, not the greatest morning so far, but all things considered, I'm actually in a decent mood. First, I got a work related phone call before 10:00 a.m., which I'm not even fond of on a weekday, much less on a Saturday. Next, while Pig and I were playing fetch with Wilbur (stuffed toy that looks like a pig - named Wilbur because obviously, it couldn't be called Pig - too confusing), she suddenly let out a yelp and got all gimpy. I think she's either pulled a muscle or sprained something. Something's definitely wrong with her front left leg. Then I talked to Max and learned that no, the show is not moving to LA. The network wouldn't approve the budget and unless he finds something else, the long-term relocation to Denver is still a possibility. Very disappointed here. Sigh.

So, not a great start to the weekend, but I'm hanging in there. I started a new book called The Sunday Philosophy Club, written by the author of the No. 1 Detective Agency series. So far so good. I'm also thinking about tackling the kitchen and bathroom floors with a good brush and a bottle of bleach. Thinking being the key word here. It will happen only if I can't find anything decent to watch on tv, and as we all know, my standards for "decent" are pretty low. Luckily I got my poker fix last night (played 3 short handed games - won one, yay!) so I'm not as inclined to spend the whole weekend watching every. single. poker. show on tv. Not this weekend, at least.

On a funny note, the editor Max is working with has a ton of religious posters and pictures taped up in her editing bay, and a signed photograph of George & Laura Bush with "Thank you for your donation" written on it. I find this highly amusing as Max is a die-hard atheist and liberal. Haha.

8 Comments:

Blogger kate g said...

so did you finish HP and the 1/2 blood prince???


i was holding off because was waiting for rick to catch up by reading /hearing books 4-5, but couldn't wait any longer.

CRIED through the last two chapters.

am still in disbelief. will not spoil anymore, suffice it to say, am very sad.... but can't wait till book 7.

i think i'll be more sad when they stop. *sigh*

had to say something to SOMEONE since i am not allowed to share what happens here at home.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everyone says they cried. crap. finishing this book is not going to be good for me!

9:09 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh I totally cried. I was really depressed and sad for a while actually. Although I agree, I do think it'll be more sad when they stop. :(

10:10 AM  
Blogger Independent Woman said...

My boyfriend apparently "almost" cried (that probably means he bawled his eyes out 'cause no one was around!) so I can just imagine how I'm going to feel.

Sadly, I still haven't read Order of the Phoenix yet, I know, I know, I should be stoned with HP books, so it could be a while before I actually get to this one. I have an adverse reaction to reading the same author right after the other, silly, isn't it?!?!

6:03 AM  
Blogger S said...

Islandgirl - that's funny because I'm the total opposite - if I like an author, I get obsessed and try to read everythign by them, immediately!

4:22 PM  
Blogger kate g said...

me too!! and when i started reading HP books 1-3 were out. so i was thrilled to have so much to read... but it ended up only taking me like 3 days. which is sad. because then i had to wait 2 years. sheesh. another 2 year wait... *sigh*

7:02 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

"Goblet of Fire" is coming out November 18th to give us a bit of an HP fix. The video game also helps ease the pain of withdrawal.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh- 11/18 is my little bro's b-day. an excuse for me to go see it in the theater!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home