/*

Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekend Recap

Friday night, a little troop of us die-hard dancers (Thode, Ben, AD and me) made it down to Chinatown to check out a club called Firecracker. Chinatown is normally dead at night except for the three times a month this place is open. Anyway it was pretty cool in this very strange sort of way. First off, the dance area, which was upstairs, looked like someone's basement. It really felt like a college party, with wood panelling and ugly carpeting around the dance floor. The DJ's were solid, and it was nice to actually dance to mixed DJ'd music instead of just a CD of 50 cent songs at Red Rock. There seemed to be an inordinate amount of disco 70's music played, but of course that only inspired Thode and I to even hammier heights than normal. We were in great form that night - somehow when I get together on a dance floor with this group, particularly with Ben and Thode, I just have this incredible urge to make an ASS of myself and fling my body around haphazardly in every which way possible. I think somewhere in the back of my mind, I know I look like an idiot, but in the FRONT of my mind, I'm laughing too hard and having too good of a time to really care. Usually several hours later, in the privacy of my own bathroom, I'll try some of my "moves" and discover that I actually look like Elaine from Seinfeld when I'm dancing and I'm embarassed, but by the next weekend, I'm back on the dance floor, doing it again.

Anyway, I negated all the calories I burned from dancing with an after-club meal of french toast, bacon and eggs at a local diner. Managed to get back home, walk Pig, and get into bed at the ungodly hour of 4 a.m. Christ - I am getting way too old way for that shit. I like to watch Golden Girls, read mysteries and go to bed at by 11:00 p.m. This fall crop of wrinkles is indication enough that I require more than 4 hours of sleep per night.

Naturally, I spent all day Saturday napping on the couch. Incidentally, I think we all danced so hard we all had sore abs and sore hips the next day. Thode and I had sore necks from whipping our heads/hair around. I also had a sore left tricep. ????

Anyway, having been granted a reprieve from going out on Saturday (I have finally managed to establish my reputation as a Go-Out-Only-One-Night-Per-Weekend-Girl after declining several invites) I spent Saturday night resting and playing online poker.

Sunday evening I headed over to Amol's for Sausagefest 2005. Now, normally a "sausage fest" means:

Noun
Definition 1: A party or gathering with all men and no women.
Usage Example: Guy1- You going to Gary's this weekend? Guy2- No, theres never any chicks. Its always a sausage fest!


But in our case, we were planning on eating the 80 some sausages/hotdogs/hotlinks and several pounds of chips, cookies, corn, marshmallows, etc left over from the RV trip. Ironically, there were way more girls than guys last night. And super ironically, the only party I've been to that was really a sausage fest (as in the above definition), was thrown by this guy named Sharky, who showed up last night. (And I have a sidebar thing to talk about - I've met Sharky probably about 4 times and yet he still introduced himself to me last night so, slightly exasperated, I just said, "Actually, I've met you TONS of times - here at Amol's, and I even went to your party" - is that rude? I felt bad about it afterwards, but I think I've ensured that he'll remember me - as THE BITCH - next time...)

I am sad to report that we only ate about 6 ears of corn, a few artichoke & garlic sausages, some marshmallows and three packages of mini sausages. The remaining 50 hot dogs have made their way back into my fridge again. You know, I'd really like to see the back of my fridge again. Oh well. Guess that means we'll have to throw another Sausage Fest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Independent Woman said...

I absolutely HATE when people do that. It seems like it's mostly those guys with the major ego problems who do that crap too. I feel like I'm always reintroducing myself to my boyfriend's rugby team. Now, I make it a point to say that I've met them before whether I sound rude or not. Half the time I'm telling them about some stupid drunk thing they did when I last met them so I'm sure that really pisses them off!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Plumb said...

I introduce myself to people (mostly girls) I've already met all the time. It's mostly because I am a moron, though.

I've found "good to see you," to be an adequate, if not perfect, way around this.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Thode said...

I've been on both ends of that situation and I think I prefer being the sheepish screw-up doing the reintroduction to being the person who was too boring to be remembered (which is so far from the truth but that's always how it feels). I later commented to Sareet in the bathroom - "I don't know how he could forget YOU, I mean it's not like you're really quiet or some plain-looking white girl."
Which was pretty funny coming from a plain-looking white girl.

1:37 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thode - "Plain looking white girl???" Please. I don't think ANY one would ever describe you as that.

On a few occasions, I do forget someone's name, but at least I know I've met them. Usually if the name is Mike or Mark, I have a really hard time remembering it for some reason.

Oh well. Hopefully Sharky will remember me next time. I suppose I was just felt insulted - I mean, when you're one of three girls at a party of 20 dudes, you expect to be remembered!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i almost always throw sausage-fests, girl. but now, i have learned to be proud of it.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home