/*

Monday, December 20, 2004

Weekend Recap

Oh poor Pig. Krazy Karen, my dog sitter, picked her up today and Pig DID NOT want to go with her. First she wouldn't get in the car, and after we finally got her in there, she tried to climb out through the window. She stuck her head out and clung to the window with her paws trying to leap out and I had to pull her paws off the window so that Krazy Karen could roll it up. She had this really pleading look in her eyes. Made me cry. :( I'm pretty sure Krazy Karen takes good care of her, or good enough, and I know Pig will get used to it and be fine but she looked so sad. Okay, now I'm crying again so I'm going to stop talking about it.

So I had a pretty good weekend. Friday night, I went to a party at the apartment of a guy named Sharky. Normally, you would think that guys named Sharky would throw some pretty good parties but this one was a dud. The party. The party was a dud. Not Sharky, who is actually cool and nice. At least I knew a lot of people there. Afterwards, we headed out to a bar named Maloney's which is on the UCLA campus. There's nothing like a sea of nubile and lithe 22 year olds to make a girl like me feel ANCIENT. We waited for awhile, but couldn't get in so we decided to head to another bar. Actually, everyone else decided to head to another bar - I decided this was my moment to escape and took off for home.

Saturday night was very fun. A whole bunch of people came over (10 to be exact) so we played two tables of poker. Last six people remaining made the final table. I managed to crawl back from the shortest of short stacks (I think I had less than $2 in chips, and we each started with $20) and made it to the final table (where the chip leader had over $50 in chips) only to be taken out nearly immediately by Amol, who is becoming my poker nemesis. Amol is actually getting better so I'm happy for him, but it makes beating him much harder. Anyway, we made a huge mistake by not raising blinds so the final game didn't start until practically 2:00 a.m. Yeah. I told everyone to lock the door on their way out and went to bed at around 3. I think I scared everyone with my "make-up-less and with glasses" face. I had to get a glass of water so I came back out, after washing my face and taking out my contacts, and Amol was like "WHOA." And he tried to recover by saying, "Did you change clothes?" and I had really only taken off my sweater so that didn't work so well. You know in his head he thought "GOOD GOD, IS THAT WHAT YOU REALLY LOOK LIKE, WOMAN??? POOR MAX!!!!" Yes, I look scary right before I go to bed. And scary when I wake up. In fact, in my family, the only person who looks more different without make-up on is my 80 year old great Aunt Dora. Who looks FABULOUS when she goes out and apparently horror movie frightening when she turns in for the night. Next time I play poker against Amol, I'm going to go au naturel...maybe it'll give me an advantage. Au naturel as in without make-up, not as in without clothes. Which would probably really give me an advantage.

Sunday night Lypstyk Girl had gotten a hold of a Staples Center suite, so we all went and watched the Clippers/Grizzlies game. Also very fun. The view was awesome, and it was a lot like being in a really nice hotel, except without pool privileges. I managed to only spend $20, which is quite a feat, considering the prices. Couldn't sleep last night so I ended up eating noodles at 2 in the morning. Which might explain why I'm not hungry at all today. Oh, you know what else could explain why I'm not hungry today? Possibly the BOWL of Hershey's chocolate kisses I've eaten. I think my co-workers are trying to make me fat. Maybe they're all cannibals and I'm Christmas dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home