/*

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Formosa

So last night, I went to Formosa to celebrate my friend Andrea's birthday. I love that place. Kate and I used to live less than two blocks away so I have very fond memories of their super strong mai tais and subsequent stumbly walks back home. Anyway, I don't know if it was the drinks (of course it was the drinks), but while chatting with Andrea's new boyfriend, Jared, who's a paramedic type person (he works with firemen and does CPR and life-saving stuff) I thought it would be good idea to ask him if firemen really sleep in their underwear in the firehouse and jump into their boots and pants when there's a fire. Ahem. I don't know where that tidbit of info came from, it's just always been lurking in my mind somewhere. But luckily, he was nice about it and told me that no, he didn't think they sleep in their underwear, but they do sleep in shorts and t-shirt so that they can leap into the firemen outfits when there's a fire. So okay. I guess it was worth it, even though I'm sure I came off as a total jackass.

3 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I don't think you came off as a jackass. In fact, I thank you for asking the question and posting it because I now have the image of a fireman sleeping in his underwear. And he's wearing boxer briefs. Wait, now he has to take a shower and needs help lathering...oops, sorry. Got a little distracted.

12:45 PM  
Blogger S said...

LOL. The thing is, I really think somebody - an elementary school teacher possible - told me that when I was little, so I've always wondered about it...

Jared also told me the firemen at the station down the street from me are really into the LADIES so I'm going to put a short skirt on and take Pig down there some day and see if they'll let me take pics of Pig on the fire truck. In her fire chief outfit. HOW CUTE WOULD THAT BE????

1:00 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

That would be totally cute. Um, can I come too?

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home