/*

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Super Lucky Monday

So I should have gone to Vegas last night. Lady Luck was not just on my side, she was practically in my lap. Amol had called yesterday asking me if I wanted to play poker for "money or possibly just for fun..." Um hello?? Just for fun??? I don't think so, dear.

Anyway, on our way over to Amol and Paul's, Max and I stopped at a liquor store to pick up some refreshments for the evening. I spotted a $2 lotto scratcher thing that had a really cute picture of a Weimaraner dog and since I was all about the dogs yesterday, I decided to buy one. Well, I got a cat one instead, and said something about it but the liquor store owner was like, no, that's the winning one, you want that one. So, I brought it with me and scratched it off while we were setting up poker and won $80!!!! Whoo hoo!!! I couldn't believe it. And I won the poker game, so I won another $70!!! It was a really great game. I was in the chip lead for most of it, but played a few hands towards the end rather poorly and was pretty much out when I caught a few lucky cards and took out Amol. Then it was down to me and Cody but again, I got some decent cards and managed to beat her. So like I said, I was super lucky last night.

4 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Yay for you! Woohoo! It sounds like lady luck was crawling around in your skin and living in your belly or something. That's awesome! That will just about cover a plane ticket to MI won't it? At least a one way?

10:44 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, it covers about a one-way ticket over the holidays. But I'll probably end up spending the money on Pig. She has some sort of rash on her belly so we're off to the vet today. Last time I took her to the vet, the bill came out to $200. Ouch. Oh well.

11:44 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Doesn't that suck? Vets are more expensive than doctors I think. I have spent much more at the vet on the bunnies (since Elliott) than I think I have spent on myself at the doctor . Of course, it's because I have insurance, but still. They should make reliable insurance for animals. They have it out there, it's not that expensive because I looked into it--but good luck finding a vet who accepts it!! If they did, I think it would be an especially good buy if you have a dog, because dogs have expensive vet bills--they have shots, and then when they get sick, or when they eat a pound of chocolate girl scout cookies you left laying around and get poisoning from the chocolate.....

7:53 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh dear...are you speaking from experience re: Girl Scout cookies??? Pig once ate an entire bag of hot chocolate. Luckily nothing happened.

Vet bill was quite expensive yesterday. Shouldn't have been actually, but the doctor said IF I wanted to, I could get her the Senior Wellness exam, which checks her blood and urine for kidney/liver/other organ abnormalities. More of a preventative thing. So, of course I got that. Cost me $150 - all my winnings from Monday night :(

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home