/*

Monday, December 06, 2004

Weekend Recap

How annoying. Something weird happened with blogger and it lost my whole post, just as I clicked "Publish." So now I have to retype. Poo.

Okay, let's see. Friday I stayed at home and watched Monk. Monk is totally the signifier of a laid back Friday. If I watched Monk, it means I stayed home. If I missed Monk, it means I went out. Anyway, blah blah dinner, blah, Monk, (retyping is no fun), blah, played with Pig, went to sleep.

Saturday was Carpet Cleaning Day. I almost actually did the whole apartment but then I decided to skip my bedroom, since the carpet is still fairly clean in there. Also I got bored of cleaning the carpet. It's entertaining for awhile, but only for a while. And really, it's not that entertaining. Anyway, the apartment looks nice. Later, Max and I went to dinner at P.F. Chang's, as a bonus celebration dinner. Now, I know P.F. Chang's is not a super special place but I love their lettuce wraps and their fun drinks. Max's came with an umbrella! Mine came with a graham cracker/sugar rim on the martini glass! Fun!! At first, I wanted to wait until I got all my bonus checks (I have 2 more coming) and then take Max to the Japanese restaurant that my Uncle Andrew took me to when he came in town. It's called Matsuhisa and it's awesome but pricey. So pricey that Max pointed I could book a ticket back to Michigan with the amount of money it'd cost. A first class ticket. So I decided it is a stupid place to go, unless I'm with my Uncle Andrew, in which case, it is a wonderful place to go.

After dinner we went to Josh and AD's place and ended up - surprise - at Boardwalk. Again. As usual. Max and I wanted to go this cool dive bar called The Bounty, which is across from the Ambassador Hotel where Bobby Kennedy was shot, but AD made some excuse about car problems, so we went to Boardwalk. Again. As usual. I would have gone to just about any other bar than that one. Except Red Rock. I'm sick of Red Rock too. Okay, here's my last resolution for 2004: I'm not going to Boardwalk or Red Rock until after the New Year. That's it. No more. I can't take it. I'm just going to have to politely decline invitations to those bars and sit quietly at home by myself, play with Pig, and watch TV.

Boardwalk was fun - it's always fun though. That's not the problem. Not to say there is a problem, but sometimes you just want to go somewhere different. There were some really awful karaoekers. One girl in particular really butchered "Holiday." Pure torture. I wish I could imitate her screeching somehow on my blog. HHHHHAAAAAEEERRLLLLIIIIDDDAAAA-AAAAEEEEY. Nope. Doesn't work. Anyway, I know it's rude, and it's not like she saw me, but I made really disgusted faces as she sang. Like Eww-I-just-stepped-in-dog-shit-BAREFOOT kind of faces. I wish she did see me - maybe that would discourage her from doing that again.

Sunday morning we went to Boardwalk (*sigh*) to watch the Lions game. I wanted to go because the Lions were actually favored to win and THEY DID!!! There's actually a team crappier and more inept than ours!!! Anyway, I tried the pork chops which were a little bland and a little dry - like all the food there. Next time I'm going to try....OH WAIT! THERE WON'T BE A NEXT TIME!!! CUZ I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!! And the last Lions game is on Jan. 2 so I'll actually be in Michigan. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home