/*

Monday, November 22, 2004

Weekend Recap

You know that crazy Pistons/Pacers brawl that was on tv Friday night? I was watching the game on TV but managed to miss the actual fight. Man was I pissed. And it's all Max and Pig's fault. I blame them both equally. Max, being the big dog spoiler that he is, had for some reason decided to give Pig nearly a cup of leftover fettucini alfredo after dinner. I yelled at him about it, explaining that dogs should not eat fettucini alfredo and has he ever tried to pick up doggie diarrhea???? Then, with less than ten minutes left in the game, Pig started whining like crazy and really really wanted to go out. She was relentless. And it occurred to Max and me that maybe this fettucini alfredo didn't agree with her. So with two minutes left, Max says, well, that game's over anyway, so I decided to take Pig out for a walk. Turns out Pig is a big DRAMA QUEEN FAKER and was totally fine and when I got back Max was like "oh my god - you missed the craziest brawl ever in sports history!!!"

So Saturday was my official Last Football Game of the Season BBQ party. It was great fun and some people showed up who I haven't seen in a while, so that was nice. Max's mess o'stuff went over well, although it was so spicy that most people could only have a little bit. I grilled the burgers and they actually turned out fine, even though I forgot about them and left them on the grill for a long time.

Highlights of the day:
-Iowa beat Wisconsin(so I guess that means we get to go to the Rose Bowl)
-Kate & Matt brought a huge package of ice cream sandwiches and there are still at least fifteen of them left over in the freezer
- Jason is apparently obsessed with the Wizard of Oz and at the end of the rather long drunken day, he serenaded Pig with his rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and then danced around in my apartment like a Munchkin
-Tyler passed out and enveloped himself into Pig's dog bed - very amusing. (and while I love Pig, the dog bed is not necessarily something you want to nestle your face in)
-Jessi's imitation of the sales guy trying to sell her the Ram-bone (sp?) at a sex toy shop - apparently it comes with free lube!!
-Got my hair cut and colored for the big wedding

Not-so-much Highlights of the day:
-Michigan losing
-Tyler trying to tackle Pig
-Tyler trying to sit on Pig
-Tyler falling down - a lot
-Tyler crashing into me, causing me to hit my forehead on a kitchen shelf

Sunday was basically a recovery day for me. I sat around a lot, I think. Oh, and I dealt with bachelorette party stuff. Took Pig to the celebrity dog park where she became a different dog. Swear to god - she nearly ran circles non-stop and then tried to dig a hole in the middle of the park. Very cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home