/*

Friday, November 19, 2004

Benihana

So last night I took Max to Benihana, as a thank-you present for taking care of Pig while I'm gone next week. I love Benihana - it's the perfect restaurant for me. I love places that have some sort of gimmick, and there is no better gimmick than a man building an onion volcano in front of you and flicking raw shrimp tails into his pocket. I was a bit disappointed with the rest of the people at my table though. No one seemed particularly excited by the culinary show so I decided to make up for their lack of enthusiasm by ooohing and ahhing loudly. I even applauded a few times, and I think the chef appreciated that. Of course, the big problem with Benihana is that it's super smoky in there and you basically need a shower right afterwards to wash off all the grease particles that have landed on your face as you eat your dinner. I discovered the tell tale signs of a Big Bad Zit on my Chin, as I was washing my face last night. Coincidence? I think not.

3 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

ah! I can comment! Blogger has been locking me out lately...I think they've got on to my lewdness... :) Everyone I've experienced sharing a table at an Los Angeles Benihana has been lame...they just don't get excited about these things. I think the general attitude in LA is that you have to be too cool to be excited about anything. Like, you're a dumbass if you get excited over a celebrity sighting. You've gotta act like you could care less. But this isn't about seeing Julia Roberts at Fred Segel or Brad Pitt at The Ivy. We're talking about onion volcanoes! Jesus, LA People. The man is flipping meat in the air! If you only get excited over one thing in your lifetime, let this be it.

10:16 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

And besides...if you go to Benihana in the first place, it's a little too late to act like you're too cool for school. Embrace the silly fun!

1:08 PM  
Blogger S said...

Exactly!! We made the most out of the night and Max even got a drink that came with a free cheezy Buddha glass - you know, the kind that you see at every single garage sale across america.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home