/*

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Pure Instinct

So I bought something at the sex toy party that is sort of embarassing but I swear to god, it was cuz I liked the smell of it on me. It's called Pure Instinct and it's perfume oil laced with pheremones. The sales pitch is that it smells different on everyone (which it does - that part was cool - I smelled everyone else and they did smell different - something about your natural chemicals) and is suppose to enhance your appeal to other people. Now, I had seen this at another STP I went to in LA but it was way more expensive so since it was cheaper in Bay City, I decided to give it try. Also because Elliot, Mrs. PreciousPants and Laura (another bridesmaid) told me that they all loved it and that it totally worked. Laura said she tested it by keeping track of how many guys smiled/talked to her on the days that she wore it, versus on the days that she didn't. I pointed out that it probably had more to do with her self-confidence and maybe she looked at guys more often and she agreed that there could be a placebo effect. But nevertheless, I'm giving it a try, and I'm going to keep track of it. So far, a lot of guys have smiled at me, but I think that might have more to do with the fact that I'm with Pig. Pig is the biggest pheromone - people smile at her all the time. Also, a lot of the people who have smiled at me are service people and dammit, they should smile at me, so I don't think it has anything to do with "Pure Instinct" (heh, that's the name of the perfume oil)

Monday - Pure Instinct Day:
I can't remember what I did or who I saw on Monday. I'd be a lousy witness on Law & Order. I remember going to work. And falling asleep on the couch at lunch. And eating Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner. I don't even remember walking Pig, although I'm sure I did.

Tuesday - Pure Instinct Day:
Petco - Guy #1 who came out to help me hold Pig as she got her nails cut smiled at me. A lot. (see it doesn't really count though, because it's Pig, and he's supposed to be friendly, but I'll just keep count anyway). He also accidentally touched my boobs...or was it accidental???

Guy #2 - Cashier. Smiled a lot. Also gave me free dog biscuits. But I think that has to do with the fact that he messed up on the cash register, and couldn't figure out how to work it, so he gave up and just gave me the dog treats for free. He told me it was a xmas present from him to Pig.

Guy #3 and Guy #4. Petco employees stopping to pet Pig and they chatted with me. (pig again)

Guy #5 and Guy #6 - Two random men working the Xmas tree lot on my walk back from Petco. Smiled and asked me if Pig was a dalmatian. (pig again)

Guys #7,8,9 - Random gardeners on the walk back to my apartment. Eye contact only.

Wednesday - P.I. Day:
Guy #1 - Had a meeting. He smiled, but did not seem particularly attentive to me and worked the room evenly.

Guy #2 - Smiles at me and Pig as we walk by him.

Guy #3 - Smiles only at me as Pig and I walk by him.

Guy #4 - Smiles at Pig and me while we're at the ATM machine.

Guy #5 - Smiles at Pig and me - he had three dogs with him.

Guy #6 - Run into a friend at a liquor store. He told me that at first glance, he thought "oh, that girl is hot" before he realized it was me. That practically made my day.

Thursday - Not a P.I. Day
So far, I haven't run into any people at all, except for office people. Although I haven't taken Pig for a long walk yet.

Oh not, true. Ran into my gay neighbor J.R. who said hi.

Clearly, this is not a very scientific way of testing, but I'm still going to try and keep a log.





2 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

If these experiments don't show distinct results, you should try bottling Pig's essence and seeing if that gives you greater response. Who knows? You could be sitting on a goldmine here! Pure Pig. $99 per 1 oz. bottle.

5:39 PM  
Blogger S said...

Julia - You are hysterical!!! Pure Pig - I love it.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home