/*

Friday, December 17, 2004

Thyroid Pig

Well, I just talked to the vet. Good thing I spent my Monday winnings on Pig's Senior Wellness Exam. Her blood test came back showing low thyroid activity levels. He said her levels are such that they could be "meaningful" or "not meaningful." So now Pig has to go on thyroid pills, which will help him figure out if her thyroid disease is "meaningful." If it's "meaningful" it means that she just has to take thyroid tablets for the rest of her life. So that won't be too bad. He said if a dog has to get a disease, this would be the one to get. He thought that might have something to do with the rash she has on her belly. If it's "not meaningful" the tablets won't hurt her so it's okay either way.

I do find it ironic though b/c thyroid disease is very prevalent in my family. My mom had a thyroid problem, as did my grandpa and several of my aunts. In fact, they all have rashes. So I guess Pig was definitely meant to be my dog.

I'm going to go home and give her hug now. :(


2 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Poor pig :(

At least it may be only medicine and not surgery so that's good :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger S said...

Good point. That makes me feel better. Surgery would be awful.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home