/*

Thursday, February 23, 2006

In case you're wondering what I've been up to for the last week...

I feel like I haven't posted in forever. And so much has gone on! The worst part of it all is Max's computer is broken. Dead. It just won't turn on. I have no idea why. So I have to blog at work, when I'm "supposed" to be working...

So first off I went to Denver over the weekend. It was really really friggin' cold. Yikes. Despite the weather, I had an awesome time. After accidentally spending $35 at the airport bar by myself (the wine was $10 a glass - sheesh) and sharing a table with the Quintessential Midwest Middle-Aged Woman (I could write a whole page about how much I loved her and her fake nails, her bestseller paperback novel, her purple printed beach bag, her two cartons of marlboro lights and her stoic silent construction worker husband - I am obsessed with the QMMW - kind of like the way I love meat loaf and pot roast and houses decorated with country apples and geese wallpaper - so Americana - LOVE it) I made it to Denver. Max and I stayed in for the rest of the night and much of Saturday until around dinner time when Nick came over and we headed out to Lime for dinner. I really liked that place - the food was great and the margaritas were very good. We ordered these awesome appetizers called Scorpions - deep fried shrimp wrapped in a jalapeno peppers - very good but also made me want to stick my tongue in the snow. So hot!

After dinner we went to first to a jazz club called Dazzle, but the only seating was in the dining area so we made our way to Don's Club Tavern, a little dive bar with some arcade machine things and what appeared to be a table shuffleboard. There I witnessed My First Bar Fight. Apparently this very drunk guy who had been stumbling around ended up breaking a beer bottle over this other guy's head so the guy with the busted head shoved the stumbling guy all the way through the bar and into a herd of young women drinking wine (which was a funny enough sight - as Nick pointed out this was not the kind of establishment where you order wine...). Anyway, I wasn't really freaked out until I noticed the guy with the busted head was actually bleeding quite a lot (definitely looked like he needed stitches, although he didn't look like he was too seriously hurt) and then I got all paranoid because I really don't like body fluids, much less other people's body fluids... After close inspection I determined none of us got any blood on us, much less blood on any open wounds, so I was relieved and was able to leave without grilling the guy about the last time he got an AIDS test...

Sunday we stayed in again for much of the day but headed out in the late afternoon. Our plan was to go to the Denver Planetarium with Nick to watch an IMAX movie about black holes but unfortunately that was sold out. So we went to a place called Brix, shared a bottle of wine and a fancy cheese platter (how yuppie of us!) and hoped that John Elway would stop by - he is apparently a frequent customer. He didn't. Afterwards, we went to get The Best Burgers in Denver at Cherry Cricket and to watch the NBA Allstart Game. The burgers were awesome. My only regret is that I was disciplined and got a "Little Burger" instead of a regular sized one.

I slept in Monday until noon (ridiculous) and then watched Flight Plan while Max worked a bit. We did some shopping and then went to Zengo for our official anniversary/Valentine's day dinner. I've never had food like that before - Latin/Asian fusion. Really really good. Afterwards, we rented Kung Fu Hustle, which was surprisingly better and funnier than we thought it'd be. We had to get up at around 5:00 a.m. Tuesday morning to make my flight and I was back in LA and in the office by 10:30 a.m.

So that was my weekend. Other random things:

- My brother and his girlfriend made the drive across the country safe and sound! He's now in San Francisco (his girlfriend had to go back to NY) and I plan on visiting him soon.

- I went to Julia's brother's birthday party on Tuesday night. I embarassed myself by eating three plates of food, two packages of candy and a slice of icecream cake - all on camera (Julia and Reggie are shooting a documentary about Michael). It was a fun party and I had a great time, espeically when the figure skating competition came on and we all sat around making funny comments about the skaters and announcers.

-I installed a water filter on my faucet!! This is a huge achievement as I suspect I bruised an ovary and pulled a shoulder muscle during the near three hours and two separate tries it took for me to to install it. I plan on writing to "PUR" to complain about their poor directions...

-A whole bunch of us are going skiing the third weekend in March. 8 of us are on the same flight going out of LA (we take up nearly three rows) and Annie (Amol's girlfriend) will be meeting up with us from Salt Lake City. I'm so excited!!! It's going to be so much fun!!!

-Pig hurt herself somehow while getting off the couch last night. I actually saw it happen - she got up and then sort of stiffened and looked at me with these big eyes, and then didn't really move. I think she's pulled an arm muscle because she's definitely walking gimpy. Poor gimpy Pig.

-And - I'm a little ashamed of this but I sort of like Ace from American Idol. There. I've said it. It will come to haunt me as he turns on the "Constantine Gross-Factor" in later weeks but for now, I sort of "heart" him. Just a little.

-Finally - Daniel Franco is straight?????

1 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Whoa, so much here. Where do I start?

1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :)
2. I love Kung Fu Hustle. It's just too fun. I think there's a recent spin-off movie w/ the old married couple.
3. I agree that Ace is purty and I hope he doesn't land in Constantine terrority. I made the mistake at the beginning of last year's "Idol" that Constantine wasn't bad looking. Mike never stopped teasing me.
4. Aw, I wish Daniel V. was straight :(

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home