/*

Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend Recap

Well, this was my Lady of Leisure weekend.

Friday night I went to get my massage. The place was fine - very clean, and the service was no different that had I been at a fancy spa. Thing is, I'm beginning to suspect I'm not all that crazy about massages. They hurt. And then I tense up. And then the masseuse has to say, "RELAX!!" Which makes me even more nervous. Which then sort of defeats the whole purpose. Anyway, I was super dizzy and groggy after the massage too. I don't know why. Something about the lactic acid I think. I stopped at Famima on the way home and picked up some random foods (a pork bun, a spicy shrimp, and a spicy tuna sushi bowl) for dinner and then was asleep by 11 p.m.

Saturday was a beautiful day. I made myself a huge breakfast, took a nap on the couch, walked Pig, and then went to get my hair cut at a salon in Beverly Hills. Now, even though I work in BH, I don't really hang out there, and I certainly normally would never hang out there on Saturday afternoon, where between the roaming tourists and the one way streets, it's a miracle I didn't kill anyone. At the salon, I ended up sitting next to Lauren Holly, who brought her 3 kids and her nanny with her. Isn't the whole point of having a nanny is so that the kids stay at home while you're getting your hair cut??? Anyway, the nanny had a fancy camera and kept taking pictures of the kids. Celebrities are weird. Incidentally, I also sat next to the wife of Don Bellisario (creator of Magnum P.I., Quantum Leap, JAG, and NCIS - makes sense since Lauren Holly is now on NCIS - I guess they went to the salon together) Anyway, I didn't know she was Mrs. Bellisario, but it was obvious she was a True Lady of Leisure as she blabbed about the emerald and diamond earrings she got for her birthday, and the $40,000 watch she bought for her husband...which broke in Singapore. To be fair, she was actually pretty nice and smiled at me a couple times. Her hair stylist on the other hand, was a Carson Kressley wannabe who at first seemed sort of fun and told me I had amazing hair (really????) but then said to me, "Sweet pea - Tsk tsk - you gotta do something about that manicure. Like today. Now. Book yourself an appointment."

Okay, I know chipped red nail polish is tacky, but WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO SAY SOMETHING TO ME ABOUT IT????

On my way out I noticed that there was still a huge line in front of Sprinkles. I had never heard about this place but apparently it is the place to be. I think Oprah mentioned something about it, so now it's hugely popular. Anyway, I did wait for about 5 minutes in line, but since the line did not move AT ALL, and there were about 20 people in front of me, I decided to skip out on a cupcake and opted instead to stop at La Salsa for a burrito. Cupcake, burrito - same difference.

Anyway, half way into my burrito I remembered that I had dinner plans. Doh! I rushed home, changed, and met up with my client and his wife at a restaurant called Vermont, located on...Vermont. The food was excellent and I even got to order duck. I love duck, but it's not often you see it on a menu, except for at Chinese restaurants.

After dinner, I met up with a whole bunch of people at Boardwalk 11 and made it back home and in bed by 2 a.m.

I woke up Sunday morning craving breakfast at the Yukon Mining Company. I specifically wanted their belgian waffle with strawberries and whip cream special, which comes with two eggs, bacon, orange juice and coffee all for about $8.95. But I was too lazy to drive 10 mins to get there so I walked up to Duke's instead. They didn't have the special, but I was feeling stubborn so I ordered the quickie (english muffin, bacon, coffee and orange juice) AND the belgian waffles with strawberries and whip cream AND one fried egg. The bill came out to nearly $20. I walked home with leftovers in hand, while mentally whipping myself for spending $20 on breakfast...by myself.

I spent much of Sunday laying around reading an Agatha Christie novel. In the afternoon, I took Pig to Petco, where she decided to be a big baby and basically refused to get her nails cut because the woman who normally does her nails was not there. We did try with another girl, but she made the mistake of putting a MUZZLE on Pig (I had walked away, b/c Pig is a drama queen and is worse when I'm around). She told me that some dogs calm down when you put a muzzle on them. Well, I could have predicted Pig was not one of those dogs. I have NEVER put a muzzle on Pig, and for all I know maybe her previous owners used one on her and she has bad memories from it because the next thing I know, the girl comes out into the store area to call for back-up. She was looking a guy to hold down Pig. Apparently Pig basically threw her to the ground. Heheh. That's what she gets for trying to muzzle my dog. Anyway, Pig was obviously just way too freaked out, so I just took her back home. We're going back again - her regular manicurist is supposed to be there from 9 to 5. Hopefully she'll be better today.

I was in a bingey mood for the rest of the day so I finished my ALL my breakfast leftovers, ate the rest of my burrito, had 3 pieces of chicken piccatta, 4 clementines, half a bag of chocolate chips, and two pieces of toast with marmalade before I finally went to bed.

I think it's going to have to be one of those 1200 calories a day type of week.

4 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I love Vermont! My boss is really good friends with the owners - who are very sweet - and so we've been there a few times.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, sis, what happened to cooking at home and saving some money?!?!?! First it was Famima, and then La Salsa, and finally Dukes!!! Holy crap....are you counting how many steaks that you could be cooking at home?!?! hahaha...I'm just teasing. But it sounds like great food! I'm so jealous!

-"Rudy"

5:56 PM  
Blogger S said...

Vermont - so good.

Rudy - I know! I've been bad. I think it's because I was SO good, for SO long, that I just had to have a binge weekend. I am going to try to be good again today - although you'll be horrified to know that I did stop at the Sprinkles place today and waited 20 mins, and paid $3.25 a cupcake!

It was really really good tho!

(That's my last "bad" thing for the week - I'm going to be good until I go to Denver this weekend)

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$3.25 for a cupcake?!?!?! that's like....HALF A STEAK!!!! hahaha. You could have bought Betty Crocker cupcake mix for $2.50 and made 18 cupcakes.... (sigh)

-"Rudy"

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home