/*

Friday, February 10, 2006

It's Friday!!!

So last night was the first poker night at Jessie's since December, I think. It was great - just so nice to see everyone and play a chill game of poker. We talked a lot about Project Runway, and Erin amused us all by speaking with a Wisconsin accent for much of the night. Owen, a friend of ours from college, was in town so it was fun to catch up and reminisce a bit. I think I played okay (was a bit rusty after all these months). I'm most proud of the fact that I did NOT open up a bag of Ruffles potato chips that were just begging to be eaten. Having only gone to the gym once this week, I felt like it was time to exert a little self control. It was a fight, I tell you. I did have half a double chocolate cookie though. You gotta live a little.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, of course. Tonight I'm getting a massage!! I've decided it's a good reward for all the gym going that I've done since the new year. Ironic that I've been so bad about it this week, though. My friend recommended me to a place that is very inexpensive. It's called the Massage Company and their whole thing is that they're inexpensive because they don't look super upscale and provide cucumber water and pink towels. It's more of a doctor's appt type of place than a spa. But the service and quality is still there. Best part - 1 hr massage is only $39!!! 1 1/2 hrs is only $59!! My friend who recommended it is very OCD (won't touch door knobs with her bare hands type) and she said the place is very clean and nice. She went last Friday and said it was a great way to end the week, and to start the weekend. So, I'm looking forward to tonight. I plan on getting my massage, coming home for dinner (I'm thinking chicken piccatta - I bought this ready made sauce from TJ's and want to give it a try), and just relaxing for the rest of the night.

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut. Haven't decided quite what to do yet. I will probably be boring and get highlights and some more layers. Nothing exciting. I am just glad to get rid of the split ends. I haven't gotten my hair cut since July and it really shows. Afterwards, I'm supposed to have dinner with a client and his wife - I think we're going out for sushi. Thank god for expense accounts. Free sushi meal - yay!

Other weekend plans include giving Pig a bath. I wonder if she knows she smells.

Anyway, blah blah blah. Hey look, it's lunchtime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home