/*

Friday, July 07, 2006

School Dance Friday

So tonight, there is a party at a club where the theme is School Dance. Everyone HAS to be in costume which means for girls - plaid skirts, and knee socks and for guys - button down shirts and ties. We went to one a few years ago and had an awesome time. I have to go find a skirt today. Last time I borrowed one of Lypstykgirl's, but I don't think she's going this time, so I'm on my own. Where the hell do you find a plaid skirt in LA this time of the year??


Here's a pic from last time. I'm posting one of me from behind because it's sort of breaking my heart how much my face has aged in just two years. Plus I look real sloshy in all of them. ;)

Anyway, this whole three day work week has been great. The office has been super slow, since plenty of people are still on vacation. I randomly applied for a job as an assistant jewelry buyer for a large jewelry chain specializing in diamonds - how fun would that be!! Of course, I'd probably blow my salary on buying stuff for myself so maybe that's not a good idea. I don't have any real qualifications although I pointed out in my cover letter that I knew the "4 C's" (cut, color, clarity, carats) before I knew the multiplication table.

I've discovered that trying to go to the gym while re-reading the two Bridget Jones books is completely pointless. All I want to do is to drink wine and eat Milk Trays, and I don't even know what those are.

I don't think I've mentioned it but I watched Pride & Prejudice last weekend, which is what prompted the rereading of the Bridget Jones books - also saw Devil Wears Prada so that had something to do with it too. It's awesome. Now, I'm a huge fan of the book and the BBC version and of Colin Firth and of Colin Firth and did I mention of Colin Firth but I really liked Matthew Macfadyen's Mr. Darcy too. I actually *had* to rewatch the scene where Mr. Darcy gives the whole "You've bewitched me body and soul..." speech several times in a row before being able to continue with the movie. I could listen to him say the three "I love you's" all day long. The "I love...love....love you" is just ridiculously delicious. Especially the last "love" where his voice almost breaks and he chokes up. Hmm. Wonder if I can get that as a ring tone. It's time to replace the Golden Girls theme song anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home