/*

Friday, September 08, 2006

Thank You Poker Gods

So last night Tyler invited me to a poker game, hosted by British Luke, a guy who I'd played against a couple times at Tyler's house. Since I had nothing to do last night, and British Luke lives literally a block away from my apartment, and I love playing poker, I accepted the invite. And boy was I glad I did!

First off, the buy in was $20, which is twice as much as what I usually play, so the pot was huge - eight of us - first place takes $140, 2nd place gets $20 back. Everyone was pretty nice, but they were all guys (except one other girl) and were all young confident Hollywood execs, and so truthfully, I was a bit intimidated. Luckily, the poker gods were loving me last night.

My first four hands were as follows:

1.) I caught a very low flush in my first hand, but no one else had anything significant so I won the pot
2.) Pocket Kings - I open with a big bet, another guy calls, a 3rd guy goes all in with KJ suited, the very inexperienced girl calls the all-in with a pair of fives, and I of course call the all-in (worried b/c there seemed a good chance that someone could have pocket Aces, but since I had amassed a lead, I figured I could afford it - was I relieved when I saw everyone else's hands!)- and I knocked two players out.
3.) AK - off suit. One guy raised, and I put him all in, and we tied - turns out he had AK too so we split the pot.
4.) AK - suited hearts - Another guy raised, I put him all in, and he just couldn't believe that I could have another gigantic big hand (neither could I frankly), and he called with AJ off suit, and I took him out!

F#&*$ing luckiest night of my life!!!

The best part of it too was there was a PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYER there! He was from Ireland (unfortunately he never watched Ballykissangel so we really couldn't discuss it - but he did tell me his parents were huge fans of the show - haha) and was traveling around the world a year, living off of the tens of thousands of dollars he'd won playing poker professionally.

At the end, it was just the two of us playing heads-up with about even money and I won!!! I beat a professional poker player!! Whoo hoo!!

And I won $140!!! Time to go shopping!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Back to Camarillo we go! Great playing!

1:00 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Congratulations! Woohoo! We'll be seeing you on Celebrity poker showdown or something next!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dwoot woot! way to go!

-"Ruthy"

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home