/*

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Two Lb Lobster & Two Sides for $26.95!

So this restaurant called Enterprise Fish Company has a special on Mondays - a 2 lb whole lobster plus two sides for only $26.95!! A few of us trekked our way over to Santa Monica last night to take advantage of this deal. And it was awesome! Really fresh lobster and quite meaty. Why does lobster taste sooo super good with butter? I probably bathed my lobster in about four sticks of melted butter.

I've taken a short departure from my usual fluffy bookreading habits and have been reading Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to read something that is actually well-written. Sadly it's taken me awhile to work through it - I'm usually a very quick reader but have been so distracted by MOTG lately that I haven't really been reading. I only have one season of MOTG left before I'm done with all available seasons, so I expect to be able to get back to my reading very soon.

I have also not been exercising. This is very typical of me. Two weeks ago, I was an exercise-machine. Last week I went twice in the beginning of this week. This week - have not gone once at all. Sigh. It's just so hard to stay motivated, and just so much easier to give into 2 lb lobsters drenched in butter and biscotti ice cream sandwiches (if you haven't had one before, look for them in the freezer - delicious).

Looking forward to Project Runway night tomorrow night. The Wednesday PR gathering has become the highlight of my week. Last week Rebecca made us this drink called Rainbow Champagne - which she renamed "Liquid Gay." They were awesome. I'm due to host a PR night but my apartment is still pee-suspicious, or rather "sus-pee-cious." (Heh. I was very amused with myself when I first came up with that!) Pig is still not over her UTI, and is now on a second type of anti-biotic and there is a definite waft of yuckiness that is most apparent when the afternoon heat cooks up my carpet, but it occasionally lingers into the evening. Will have to look for a professional carpet cleaner to take care of the situation. I don't really know what to expect from a professional - will they move my furniture? How long does it take to dry? How much does it cost? I suppose I will find out soon enough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They will put these little blue foam things under the legs of your furniture, and it will be more expensive than it should be, and will be wet for a day (I have this one stupid room for which I bought butter-yellow carpeting, and as a result, have had to have it professionally cleaned 4 times in less than a year. Then Marco spilled coffee on it, and no one can get it out, so it is now ruined. Less than a year old). No, I'm not bitter. :)

5:11 AM  
Blogger S said...

Sigh. It sounds like a hassle.

Have you tried Nature's Miracle? I find it works on a lot of organic stains, including coffee and wine.

8:55 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Rainbow Champagne would also be a great name for a drag queen.

(BTW - Why is Virginia still on Hell's Kitchen?)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home