/*

Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday!

So first off, let me just say that those old ladies in Aqua Fitness are TOUGH. I totally thought it would be a ridiculously easy class but it was actually fairly challenging. You do all these exercises with these plastic weights that are really light in the air, but take a bit of muscle strength to move in the water. My upper body was pretty sore afterwards. The lower body - not so much, but maybe that's because we were standing in the shallow end of the pool in about 3 1/2 feet of water. Next time, I'm definitely heading towards the deeper end.

Tomorrow I'll be participating in Habitat for Humanity. Benjamin, whose done it tons of time all over the world, organized it and we'll be working on a house in Glendale. I'm hoping it will be fun...and hoping that I don't hurt myself. And hoping the port-a-potty on site will not be too gross. Or that I will morph into a camel and won't have to use it.

Ever since I dug out my grandma's measuring tape on Sunday and measured the muffin top, I've been really good about working out. Am quite pleased with myself, although have not seen any results yet. Maybe should stop measuring myself with a measuring tape twice a day. Anyway, I ran (as in moved faster than walking, although I'm still quite slow) three miles on Monday, ran two miles and weight lifted on Tuesday, did yoga and step aerobics on Wednesday, and did aqua fitness yesterday. Today I plan on resting, since I don't want to be too sore tomorrow when I have to do hard labor. I'm trying to bear in mind what I read about working out - that after the first month you'll *feel* the difference in your body, after the second month you'll *see* the difference, and after the third month, other people will see the difference. Which explains why I never really get anywhere - I usually get frustrated and stop after about three weeks.

Anyway, on a completely unrelated topic, Pig ate a butterfly today. Like mother, like daughter. I once nearly ate a moth years ago. I was sitting outdoors watching my brother play some game - soccer maybe - when a moth flew in my mouth. It flew in my mouth because my mouth was just hanging open, as it often is when I don't remember to shut it. It actually is a family trait. You should see us when sit around to watch a movie. Mouths hanging open everywhere. Anyway, moth flew in, I clamped my mouth shut immediately, using my tongue to press it up against the roof of mouth. It was horrifying - it kept fluttering in there until I just sort of pushed it out with my tongue and grabbed it with my fingers and set it free. Anyway, Pig and I were walking today when a pretty little butterfly flew by us. I was admiring it when the next thing I knew, Pig jumped at it. And ate it. So, not quite like me, but pretty close.

Anyway, blah blah. Time to play some online poker.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate g said...

i am so impressed with you. you need to come east and kick my butt into working out with you.
the plans to run in the breast cancer 5k this fall are not going so well. being that i cannot run a mile yet. sheesh.
good for you though. perhaps this will motivate me a bit.

7:36 AM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks! :)

It's sooo hard to stay motivated tho. I totally want to go home and eat tiramisu rather than go to the gym! You know, a good way of working up to running is to do like 3 mins of walking, then 2 mins of running, then 3 mins of walking, and then 2 mins of running, etc. Really helps ease into it. That's how my dad trained for a marathon!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home