/*

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Weekend Recap

Super long weekend. Actually not so much a long weekend as much as a straight up mini-vacation. Flew up to San Francisco on Wednesday night and got back last night. It was strange to fly there. I've driven up ever since I got Pig, but since she had to stay home and gas is so expensive, I decided to fly instead. And, it was quite nice actually. Had a glass of wine and a big bowl of chili cheese fries at the airport bar, and within a few hours, arrived in SF - bloated, two lbs heavier and about $20 poorer. Damn those airport bars!

Of course the best part of my trip was hanging my relatives. My mom and sister flew in from Detroit, and my Aunt Christina and her son - my cousin Anders - flew in from Hong Kong. I got to see my brother, and his new swanky apartment, which totally made me want to move there. Also hung out with the SF Trio of Aunts - Laura, Marilyn, and Jo. The Chinese Costanzas were in fine form - the usual bickering and nonsense but nothing extraordinary. Perhaps extraordinary by normal people's standards but certainly not by Chinese Costanza stardard.

My days were broke down mostly like this. Actually, "mostly" is not the right word. They were in fact, spent EXACTLY as follows:

9 hours sleeping - not including napping
7 hours eating (breakfast, lunch, midafternoon tea, dinner, evening snack)
1.5 hours shopping
1.5 hours listening to Chinese Costanzas bicker and everyone trying to make plans/deciding on restaurants/figuring out driving arrangements/fighting over whose turn it is to pay for the meal
1.5 hours napping
.5 hours staring off into space day dreaming while being driven around
3 hours on the computer - either internet surfing, playing poker, or watching Netflix dvds

I felt like a Lady of Leisure, which is what I've always aspired to be. A Fat Lady of Leisure with her own personal chef, housekeeper, and chauffer. Very relaxing and laid back and I got to do some of favorite things - sleeping, eating, and playing poker!

And, did I mention there was AIR CONDITIONING!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

It sounds like it was a fabulous weekend!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home