/*

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend Recap

Weekend is not quite over yet, but I don't foresee anything exciting happening today. So far I've napped on the couch and watched the end of the World Cup Finals. We were rooting for the Italians, since Max's brother-in-law is from Italy. I always feel so bad for the goalies during those overtime shoot-outs. So much pressure. It seems unfair somehow that after playing for two hours, the outcome of the game rests solely in their hands.

Had a very motivating talk with my dad the other day about how I should use my downtime for to work towards some achievement - spiritual, mental, physical...something like that. I'm as spiritual as a can opener, so maybe I will try to start working on my old lady mystery idea again. And maybe go to the gym. Maybe. Of course, rewatching the last season of Project Runway is also mentally stimulating - somewhat like watching a documentary on modern art so maybe I will do that instead.

Highlight of the weekend was definitely the School Dance on Friday, which was so much fun. I found a skirt that passed for a school girl skirt at Forever 21 and managed to get out of the store without buying anything but the skirt. Which was a first for me as I inevitably leave with at least a tank top (basic necessity - should have one in every color of the rainbow) and a junky plastic accessory (also necessity since accessories are an inexpensive way to trendify existing closet of hated old clothes).

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite pics from Friday night:


I think this was supposed to be Teacher Josh admonishing Naughty Student Courtney.


Max, Josh, Courtney, and Jeffrey


Me and Courtney


Me in glasses. Totally frightening that this is exactly what I looked like through most of my school years. No wonder no one wanted to go out with me.


Out of ten close-up pics of Max and me, taken by me, this is the only one where neither of us look too god awful.


Benjamin showing off his moves.


Courtney and Jason - I love the expression on both their faces.

Anyway, it was super fun. Josh took a bunch of pics so I will post the best of those when he shares them with us.

Last night we went and saw a late screening of Pirates of the Carribean. While I love me some Pirate Johnny Depp in eyeliner (arrrgggg!), I wasn't too crazy about the movie. I thought the first one was great but this second one is just way too long. Plus, maybe seeing a 10:45 p.m. did not help - kept getting sleepy the whole time even while pirates were swashbuckling around.

Blah blah. Off to take a walk with Pig and Punk, who is visiting. Seems like I should at least do something today.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE WON THE WORLD CUP!!!! CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MARCO

5:33 PM  
Blogger S said...

Goombah aka Marco - Did you celebrate by riding around on your vespa wearing Italy's flag around your neck like a cape?

We saw a lot of cars yesterday honking and waving the Italian flag out their windows.

9:31 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Yay for the School Kids party! Did everyone drop glasses for old time's sake? I was in Illinois. Mike has a picture of me standing next to corn stalks. Wow, there's a lot of corn in Illinois.

Not that I want Courtney to leave, but weren't they supposed to be on their cross country trip?

8:39 PM  
Blogger S said...

Haha! I was the driver that night so I didn't have to worry about dropping glasses! We missed you though - it was really really fun.

Courtney and Josh were supposed to leave the following morning at 5:00 a.m. Needless to say, that didn't happen. But I heard they still made it off by around 10 a.m., which is not much of a set back.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home