/*

Monday, July 17, 2006

Weekend Recap

Really hot weekend. I have no idea how Max stands being in that apartment day after day in the boiling heat. Ugh. Unbearable. I spent as much time as possible locked in the bedroom with the airconditioning on and a container of ice cream. So not only did I not burn any calories, having not moved the whole weekend, I actually added to the burgeoning muffin top by consuming lots of ice cream. Am seeing my family this weekend so I surely will be made fun of for being so out of shape. Worst of all, this is all last minute so I have no time to slim down because I actually leave for San Francisco Wednesday night. Short of not eating for two days, I'm out of luck. And, I can't go two hours without eating so that's not happening.

Anyway, lovely weekend all and all. On Friday night, we went to a bar called The Belmont for Lisa's bday. Cool place, would definitely go again. I very nearily didn't go on account of the giant barnacle zit on my chin. Really, I have wrinkles. I shouldn't have acne. It's just not fair to have both. Anyway, I figured the bar would be pretty dimly lit, which it was so I don't think it was too noticeable. Of course I couldn't escape the glaring lights at Amol's apartment Sat night. We had all gathered to play poker, which was really fun. Good sized game and probably our first in months. Anyway, I had been playing some of the best poker I've played in a while, but then went out very quickly due to a bad hand. I'm embarassed to say I was not particularly gracious about how I went out (I am REALLY tempted to write out exactly how this one hand killed me...but I won't...but really it was so unfair...but I'm over it...) but it was really fun nonetheless. Of course woke up feeling shameful about being such a bad sport and a hideous looking one at that. But discovered the remedy to feeling bad about poor behavior and barnacle on face is to watch about 15 hours of tv so then instead you feel bad about being a sloth and vow to start a new life the next day. Eat healthy, drink enough water, exercise me and the dogs, take my vitamins, etc.

Which leads us to today. Monday. First day of my new life. Set my alarm to go to the gym. Ignored it and overslept. Meant to walk the dogs in the morning but it got too hot. Besides I thought it'd be better to wait and spend the time alloted to dog walking to instead download some new music into the Ipod as new music would be more motivating. Put on the only reasonabley clean outfit that fit and thought I looked rather cute, zit and all, but then spilled coffee all over it right before I walked out the door. Boo. Decided to get the chicken pesto panini for lunch rather than a healthy salad because today's really a lost cause and I think tomorrow will just have to be the first day of my new life. ;) So. Tomorrow - eat healthy, drink enough water, exercise me and the dogs, take my vitamins, etc....

3 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

If you need a gym buddy, call me up. I usually go during the day, but I can go after you get off work for a class. I was so proud of myself - I watched my calories and worked out almost every day and lost 3 lbs. in 3 weeks!

Then I went to the Midwest where I ate this addictive pizza (made with crack) from Mike's hometown, fast food - including Long John Silver's - and these potato chips that I think are made with lard. So now I'm back to square one.

8:44 PM  
Blogger S said...

Long John Silvers! It's been forever since I've had LJS!!

I'll completely give you a call once I get back in town. How many calories do you aim for a day? I think my problem is during the brief moments when I do exercise, I actually also cut calories and maybe I cut too many which is why I don't see results? Before I went to Ireland I worked out a lot for about three weeks and the scale NEVER moved...

9:47 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I usually try for 1200 a day, which means I average 1300 to 1400 (when I'm being good). It sounds like little, but if you eat 5 small meals - with a lot of veggies and fruit - regularly spaced through the day, you actually feel full most of the day. Drinking enough water helps because sometimes when you're hungry, you're actually dehydrated. Also, I'm concentrating more on strength training with cardio after rather than just cardio.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home