/*

Friday, July 14, 2006

I Have...

...an apartment that reeks of piss and a zit the size of my thumb on my chin. Whyeeeeeeee? Whyeeeee meeeeeeee???

The vet called and said Pig's culture came back and she definitely has a UTI. I pretty much knew that. While she is not taking full potty breaks on my carpet (I cannot find any spots on it - you would not want to know how much time I've spent with my nose in the carpet sniffing to see if I can figure out where to clean), I think she's been dribbling. And what dribbles out is so concentrated that it smells the equivalent of a gigantic puddle. Gross. And I had just cleaned the carpet two weekends ago! Max and I have already agreed that we'll have to get a professional to come out and really take care of the carpets once Pig's UTI gets cleared up. Vet says she has two weeks of antibiotics to take.

I suppose if I were to look on the bright side of things, I should be glad that it's Friday and that I don't dribble when I get a UTI.

But I don't want to look on the bright side of things. My apartment smells revolting and my zit casts a shadow on the rest of my face.

Argh.

6 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I'm sure your apartment doesn't reek of pee, you are probably just extra sensitive to it because you know she has a UTI.

I'm sure your zit isn't casting a shadow over your entire face. If by some strange chance it is, you should take a picture of it and post it on your blog because I've never seen a zit that huge before, wow, that would really be something.

At least Miss Pig will be feeling better soon--things could be worse, a UTI isn't super serious, it's easily fixed with medication, and I can think of a few worse things your apartment might reek of due to a sick dog....

You should just chill, open the windows to air out the pee smell until the cleaners can come, light some candles or something, and hang out with your dog because I know how thankful you are that she's not seriously ill!

1:59 PM  
Blogger S said...

You're right elliot - I am glad that it's just a minor problem and Pig will be fine. I am grateful for that.

The zit...well, now it's so huge it looks like a nipple. I might take a pic of it, but then I don't want to be accused of putting up pics of nipples on my blog...

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. You should really post that. :)
-aj

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be able to see the "spot" using an ultraviolet light - just like CSI.

10:19 AM  
Blogger S said...

Ooh - I just might have to try it! Although I'm a little afraid to - for all I know the carpet is COVERED with spots!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these guys sell the spray that even comes with a black light... i love infomercials. kate and i bonded over quite a few in college. ah, those were the days.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home