/*

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Weekend Recap

Ahh Labor Day weekend.

I spent Friday night playing poker online and getting into fights with other players in the chatroom. There are a lot of homophobic and racist assholes playing online poker on a Friday night. It's funny because despite the fact that my poker player icon is a picture of a dalmatian wearing red reindeer ears, other players ALWAYS assume I'm a guy. And sometimes they think I'm a Middle Eastern guy because I go by "Sareet" which seems Middle Eastern I guess. And because they think I'm a guy, inevitably the insult to me is that I'm gay. Why is it "gayness" the ultimate insult among men? And because they think I'm Middle Eastern, I get a whole slew of racist remarks. There are some really terrible people out there.

Anyway, Saturday we had people over for the first Michigan game. Max was so excited about watching college football that he woke up at 6 a.m. Like a little kid on Christmas Day. We served Popeye's chicken and waffles a la Roscoes (this LA restaurant that is famous for its chicken and waffles, and long wait in line to get in). People stayed around all day watching football and drinking beer. I took a break from the constant football watching and caught up on my Ballykissangel DVDS. Now, I'm not going to spoil it for anyone here, but that series takes a dramatic turn in the Season 3 and I DIDN'T LIKE IT AT ALL. Booo Ballykissangel. Boooo. Boooo for totally breaking my heart and leaving me bawling for much of the rest of the day.

Sunday was a very laid back day. Max and I hung around the apartment and just watched tv and relaxed. I cleaned the apartment and took some naps (note the word is plural), and then at around 7ish we went to Souplantation. I haven't been there in so long - I forgot how much I love that place! Not as much as Old Country Buffet, but it's still pretty good.

I woke up restless on Monday. Hadn't left the apartment but for briefly the night before, and I needed TO DO SOMETHING. I sent out an email to bunch of girlfriends to see if anyone would be up for going outlet mall shopping. I had decided it was time to stop torturing myself with too-tight jeans/pants, and I was just going to have buy some new ones that fit better TEMPORARILY, until I can get back into my smaller clothes. No one could go at first, and just when I'd given up all hope and accepted that I'd eventually get checked into the hospital and discover that I'd incurred internal organ damage from constantly wearing pants too tight around the waist, Lypstykgirl called and came to my rescue. She was up for outlet mall shopping! Yay! She ended up buying two cute dresses from Bebe and I got one gray one from a random store. It's very loose and comfy and I think it's the type you can wear over leggings, if you choose to buy into the new fashion craze. I am loath to start wearing leggings, but I may just give into the trends and try to pull it off.

After outlet mall shopping, I headed to AD's where Thode was throwing a Sloppy Joe Night party. She cooked 5 POUNDS of sloppy joe's, and it was awesome. We sat around hanging out, and it really started feeling like a Saturday night, rather than a Monday night.

But it was a Monday night, so we left around eleven, and headed back home. And that was my Labor Day weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leggings. Yes...why oh why are the late 80s-early 90s back in vogue?? There's just absolutely no way I can pull off the skinny ankle-biting jeans a second time. Especially with my post-baby hip bones.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

regardless of baby hips, the ankle jeans that come up to somewhere about half an inch below your bra are hard to pull off because they look bad. remember becky from the Roseanne show? she was the queen of the small mall hair and tall jeans. (i can't find a good pic of the original becky. did you all know that second becky is the actress that plays eliot on scrubs? she's hot.)

7:01 AM  
Blogger S said...

While I'm not excited about leggings, I actually would love for high waisted pants to come back in. Not the ones that end up half an inch below your bra, but the at least ones that are higher waisted than the low waisted jeans we've been seeing in the past. With a higher waist line, EVERYTHING (as in the belly) gets cinched in, and instead of HANGING OVER.

And I did know that the 2nd Becky is the girl from scrubs. I also saw her in this Canadian series about a cowboy.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home