/*

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Updates

A couple of days ago, Pig vomited twice. First time, it was a bit of poop - like a large pat of butter's worth of poop. Second time, it was not quite poop, but was a log of what can only be described as densely entangled mulch (fiber, wood, carpet, hair, leaves, plastic clothing tag) - roughly the size of a large banana. Or small eggplant. Yeah. Called the vet, haven't gotten a hold of him yet, but I'm sure he'll inevitably tell me that's it's not possible to vomit poop. My guess is that she's just eating bunches of indigestible crap that swirl around in stomach and head into her bowels until it gets clogged and she barfs it up. Poor freaky Pig. May have to start walking her with a muzzle.

If you haven't yet, check out the Ricky Gervais Show podcasts, starring Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington. Hysterical. You can get them on itunes in the audiobooks section. Best $6 I've spent in a long time. Although I do suspect they're making me "think dumb" if that's possible. After awhile, I feel like I'm actually thinking like Karl Pilkington, who's known as the "global idiot."

I've been subjecting Max to a lot of Columbo lately. He actually likes the show too! Last week we watched The Best Columbo Ever. I plan on writing a fan letter to the writer of that episode - his name is Peter Fischer. I think he'd get a kick out of it, knowing how an episode of something he wrote a gabillion years ago could still be so deeply appreciated today.

So many good finales to watch in the next few weeks. Flavor of Love AND Project Runway!

6 Comments:

Blogger Thode said...

I don't have cable in my new place - so please post about FOL and PR finales! I'm dying to know what happens in BOTH. Go Michael and Carayzee! (or is it Deelishus? I don't know who it's down to)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

And more importantly, Poor Pig! I hope she feels better. It does sound like stuff just building up, and it's probably good that she's getting it all out. What would possess her to eat a clothing tag, I have no idea. But I know that is scary - when Punk barfed up an entire sock I think it turned her off of non-food items for a long time. Get well Piglet!

7:52 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah, I'm rooting for Michael (who is adorable and will have a great collection provided he doesn't go "hootchie" and make things like the stuff he showed during the audition) and for Deelishus, who is...not New York.

Actually, I was watching the extra clips on vh1 and Deelishus CAN SING. Like really well.

And incidentally, after much internet researching, i discovered that there is such a thing as "fecal vomiting." I guess that's the right term for it, which is why all my searches for "throwing up poop" did not yield any results. It happens for various reasons - generally for bowel obstructions.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my heavens. Is it possible for people to suffer from fecal vomiting? Holy crap!
-aj

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

even MY curiosity can't overcome the possible horror of googling "fecal vomitting." remember in college when jess used to try to come up with the most offensive combination of words she could? that might win.

might i say that i can only watch flavor when andy is away? he thinks it's so trashy (and, well, he's right, but that doesn't make it not FUN!) that i can't bring myself to insist on putting it on. i'm fascinated. it's gotta be some kind of ghetto sociology experiment! i really would want to go on it, except for the prospect of having to be that close to his teeth.

2:49 PM  
Blogger S said...

aj - remind me to tell you what julia heard on an interview with someone regarding fecal vomiting and why it happened to her. not really appropriate for my pg 13 blog...

and melissa - yeah, the teeth kind of gross me out. actually, HE kind of grosses me out. but i can't stop watching!!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home