/*

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"I Am Looking For Someone to........" List

I've finally decided I should do something besides playing WoW in all my spare time. Here's my little list of things I'd like to do. This is for reals. Max can only be talked into a few of these things, so if you would like to do any of these, or know someone who would, let me know.

I Am Looking For Someone Who Would Like to .... :

1.) Go ice skating with me. There is usually a rink downtown, and there are also classes available at the Culver Ice Arena http://www.culvericearena.com/ If you are a better skater than me, perhaps you can teach me how to stop as I have a hard time braking.

2.) Go rollerskating with me - or better yet, explore the possibility of a becoming a Roller Derby Girl. True, I don't like getting hurt or traveling at speeds greater than 5.6 mph (my maximium speed on a treadmill), but I think it sounds and looks cool. Plus I would like a super cool name like "Demolicious." Actually I would just like to talk a lot about being a Roller Derby Girl, so if that's good enough for you, we'd make a sweet fit. Or like I said, I would be up for just regular rollerskating. Again, you would need to teach me how to brake, but I'm sure that can't be too hard.

3.) Take a crafts class with me. This includes knitting, crocheting, jewelry making, glass blowing, soap carving, anything that I can spin into a daydream about how I'm going to make a living selling FILL IN THE BLANK at local fairs and ebay.

4.) Take a cooking class with me. This one is more for Max's sake, but I think it would be fun.

5.) Take a burlesque or pole-dancing class with me. You would think this one is for Max's sake, but it's really for comedic value and funny story-telling.

6.) Go hiking with me. But only if it's not a very hard trail, and only if there's definitely a dirt path because I don't like the feel of weeds and branches brushing up against me.

7.) Take a self-defense or boxing class with me. Because I fear rapists and orcs and warlocks.

8.) Go to the Pirate Adventure Dinner, Mystery Theater Dinner, or Medieval Times. Because I LOVE stuff like that.

Okay. That's all so far.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

see, this is just another example of why you should all move east. a) i'm here, and that's fun. b) i'm down for most of these things.
- ice skating in new york is great. especially when winter is wicked warm, like now. you can actually skate outside, without a coat, or inside, at chelsea piers. there's even a rink that's free at bryant park. extra perk- andy used to play semi-pro hockey; he's a great skater, helps me out, and never lets me fall. you'd always look good skating by me!
- i'm sure i told you all about this http://www.gothamgirlsrollerderby.com/. we went as emts to try to help people not get hurt. HA! gotham girls recommends lessons with this guy: http://www.skateguru.com/. sweet.
- i teach the knitting and spinning, and sometimes know a good group. even if you don't make it east, take this one up. and go on the road to fairs. maybe as a sheep farmer- selling wool is the only real profitable part, i think.
- cooking, always good. ho-dancing? always better. something to tell your kids about, one day.
- hiking is fun, but central park is the most sterile hike you can get. no grass brushing you, and if you avoid the horse poo, it's really like being in the wilderness. would possibly need self defense class though.
- we don't have pirate dinner here, that i know of. we do however have this: http://www.ninjanewyork.com/, and what's better than ninjas and sushi?

i might get to go to huntington beach later this year for some meeting thing. so sign me up for one of these while i'm west!

11:02 AM  
Blogger S said...

I definitely need to head out east sometime and visit! And I love the idea of being a sheep farmer. When I was in Ireland, I saw soooo many adorable sheep and considered getting a pet sheep...

So far, I've been able to schedule and ice skating adventure (tomorrow night) and am in the process of getting some ladies to check out a few of the local pole-dancing classes! It will be hysterical.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

I would sign up for all of these if I still lived in LA. :( As it stands, I will enjoy reading about your adventures.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This might be 3 months too late, since I just started reading your blog today, but I'm totally interested in the cooking class, hiking, self-defense (been meaning to buy pepper spray as well), and the mystery theater dinner.

4:58 PM  
Blogger S said...

hey lisa, thanks for reading and posting a comment!! i think i'm going to do some research this week on a cooking class - i'll keep you posted!

and am so excited that someone else would actually go to the mystery dinner theater :)

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home