/*

Sunday, January 04, 2009

2009 Resolutions

I've haven't really been thinking about my resolutions for this year since Pig's health condition has been first and foremost on my mind but now that I think she should make a full recovery, I figure I can take some time to give some thought to my resolutions for 2009.

First off because I've COMPLETELY forgotten about them I had to look up my resolutions for 2008 to see how I did last year. They were:

1) Get my wisdom teeth removed. My dentist has been bugging me about this for years and I'm finally going to take care of it this year.

2) Lose the muffin top! (don't laugh - I know I say this every year - or every week - but this is something I want to have happen)

3) Step out of my comfort zone and try new things. I am a total creature of habit and I want to challenge myself to do new things. Even little things like today - taking the bus - that's a great accomplishment for me. I know it sounds silly but I normally would never think of taking the bus. And I did it!

So. Hmm. I still have my wisdom teeth, so I didn't keep #1. Guess that goes on my list again this year.

I have a muffin top again, although I briefly lost it (or almost lost it) during early 2008 when I was working with a trainer a lot. Back on my list.

I can't say I've really stepped out of my comfort zone and tried new things...voluntarily. I mean, I've overcome a lot of different challenges and things I wasn't used to at work this year, but none of that was voluntary. I didn't try surfing, as Max did (although really, everyone who knows me advised against it and was thoroughly certain I wouldn't enjoy it). I haven't made any new friends, except ones from work, and that doesn't really count b/c we're not friends outside of the office. I haven't taken up any new hobbies or sports. I cut my hair really short, but then again, I've done that before, so that's hardly stepping out of my comfort zone. Hmph. Have been a bit of a loser in that sense this year. OH - well - I did do those 5K and 10ks! That was something different and new.

Okay, so I guess 2008 was yet another year of broken resolutions. Oh well.

So, for 2009, I resolve to:

1) Get my wisdom teeth removed. Especially now that I have a great dental plan.


2) Lose the muffin top! I just feel like this is a losing battle but if I stop the fight, I'll be 400 lbs and will wear sweats for the rest of my life. Seriously. Did I mention that over the holidays, when I couldn't decide between a coney dog and an Arby's roast beef sandwich for dinner that I just decided to have both? AND the curly fries that came with the Arby's roast beef sandwich combo, b/c a combo is such a better deal that just buying the sandwich alone? And that when I was having lunch at Olga's with Yana, who I haven't seen in ten years, I felt it necessary to order an orange creme cooler, a large UNLIMITED REFILLS olga's salad with Olga's pita snackers, AND an olga's chicken fajita???

3) Step out of my comfort zone and try new things. 2008 was a bit lonely for me with all my best gal pals leaving the state to follow their men. I like the regular guys I hang with, but I really need to make more female friends, so I think it'd be good to look into some book clubs, knitting clubs, or just generally anything where I might be able to meet some more wimmin' folk.

4.) Floss or use listerine daily. Yep, this one is back on the list. I am just soo soo bad about taking care of my teeth, and I've basically ignored my various dentists' pleas to please floss and now it's occurred to me that really - ignoring health advice for 20 years could be a bad idea.

5.) Save $$$$ - Recession = not blowing money on stupid things like that stupid Peticure thing I saw on TV that doesn't work but I've waited to long to return it so I'm out $60, excessive bar tabs, $20 lunch salads from the Whole Food Salad Bar (how on earth do I manage to make a 3 lb salad anyway?), and clothes that will fit when I lose 10 lbs and grow two inches in the chest and 3 in the ass.

5.) Be a better person aka the Miscelleneous Category. For me, and I think for everyone, you have a good sense of where you need self improvement - whether it's something as small as learning to be more patient, more on time (god I'm bad at that), and remember birthdays... there are all these little things that I just wish I were better at, so I'm just going to clump them in this Miscellaneous Category and resolve to just be more aware of things I could do better...it's sort of cheating but they're my resolutions so I can do what I want. :)

So, that's that. I think I'm going to try to post monthly on my progress so I can see whether I'm sticking to them!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Pig's well enough for you to get back to talking about your muffin top. Next time I'm in MI we have to go to Olga's together I love that place...

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home