/*

Saturday, October 04, 2008

My First 10K

I did it!!

This morning, I got up at 5 a.m., met up with my coworkers, and ran the Manhattan Beach 10K. It was a really great run - so much fun. I love how there are families that stand along the race and cheer everyone. I've never had so many "good jobs! keep going! you guys are doing great! you can do it!" in my life.

And, although I claimed to just hope to finish, I secretly did think there was a good chance I could do it in under 66 minutes (roughly an 11 min mile). And I did better than that - I did it 64 minutes, 10 secs. Whoo hoo!!

http://www.mb10k.com/Results/MBoverall.xls

3 Comments:

Blogger Girlinitaly said...

That's amazing. If I run just a block, my face turns red and I think my head is going to explode. I'm impressed--awesome!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the same head exploding problem. great work- that's a serious accomplishment!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Randy and Lynn said...

Fantastic. I could never have done that, even when I still had knees!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home