/*

Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend Recap

Weekend was a recovery weekend. Thode was in town the weekend before last, and before that was Memorial Day weekend so we were due for something a bit more chill.

Friday night I got home and told Max I just wanted to veg on the couch and surf the web. Which I did, for about four straight hours. Very nice. We also started the movie 300, but I fell asleep about half way in so we watched the rest on Saturday morning. I have to say, it's a bit weird watching people get their heads chopped off while eat eggs and toast. Weird is not the word, I don't think. Gross, maybe.

Saturday I tackled the kitchen for the first time in many, many months. It's hard to keep the apartment clean and I had pretty much given up on it, but felt motivated after helping Kate clean her apartment before she moved out. Josh is taking over her apartment, so basically I helped Josh clean his apartment. Hah. Anyway, the kitchen looks much better now - it's amazing how much dirt and dust accumulates underneath a microwave. God. Yuck. I was sore by the time I was done. I figured all the scrubbing and mopping made up for not going to the gym.

We decided to get out the house Sat night after all the cleaning, so we went over to the Frat House (we have three friends who live together in this nice house which really does not deserve the name "Frat House" since that tends to bring to mind the smell of vomit and old beer, but it does have a steady stream of women coming in and out so the name is not that off). The guys seemed anxious to get out of their house so we headed to Birds, this bar in the Los Feliz area which I've driven by a million times over the years but have never been to. It's pretty fun actually. Next door was a place called La Poubelle, which was pretty dead. I vaguely think "poubelle" means garbage in French, but I'm not sure if that's true. Bit of a bad name, if you ask me. Afterwards, we had us some Taco Bell, and played a miserable game of poker at 2 a.m. Honestly, there just is no good reason to start a game that late. Especially with just five players, which does not make for a good game. I was exhausted and glad when it was finally over. Needless to say, I did not win!

I slept in a bit on Sunday and then proceeded to watch two mediocre ghost-y movies, Wind Chill and The Grudge. I'm generally not a fan of scary movies, but once in a while I just get a hankerin' fer 'em. At around 4 p.m., Lypstyck Girl, who was just down the street volunteering at the LA Pride Parade, came by and we went for a late lunch/early dinner at the Spanish Kitchen. They had great deals - $5 appetizers and $7 margaritas. Excellent. After that, I met up with Max, who was at AD's place, to watch the Lakers game. The guys had been shooting a little short video there which hopefully will turn out well. Max is starring in it - I can't wait to see it. Apparently he had to take his pants and boxers off for the shoot.

Anyway, that's about it. Despite me saying that The Grudge is not really that scary, I freaked myself out thinking, "What if that creepy little boy is sitting in the back seat of the car right now?" and then later, "What if that creepy little boy is hiding under my bed/in the closet/behind the shower curtain/under the kitchen sink??? Probably best for me to stay away from the scary movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home