/*

Friday, January 02, 2009

Pig Update

Pig didn't seem much better this morning and absolutely did not want to be dragged and carried out at 6 a.m. (the dirty looks she gave us!), but she did finally drink water from her water bowl, which I took to be good sign. When I got home from work, she was able to walk to me without falling over, and seemed much more energetic so I'm hoping she is on her way to recovery. Up until this evening, she's only had an appetite for cookies and people food but tonight I was able to hand feed her some regular dog food and ultimately get her to follow a little trail of dog food bits to her bowl. And then she ate all her dog food from her bowl, so I think that's really good. I guess dogs that get this old dog syndrome refuse food and water initially because they're nauseous and may not have the motor skills to be able drink/eat out of bowl. So, I'm thinking it's good that she can now. I can't tell you how strange it was to see a dog bowl full of food for over 24 hours just sitting out on the kitchen floor. And to hold up dog food to her mouth but have her turn her head away. It was so weird. Her eyes are still flickering - the vet said that usually the first signs of improvement are with the eyes, so I'm hoping those settle down soon. Hopefully I'll have even better news to report tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Pig! Punk and I are sending good vibes - sounds like she is improving though, which is good. Eating is always a good sign. Feel better Piglet!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If need I know a good anti nausea med that dissolves in doggies mouth and if bought at costco is dirt cheap!

7:25 PM  
Blogger S said...

thode - thank you and punk for the good vibes. we need to get these BFFs together again some day!

yana - thanks for reading and the heads up on the anti nausea med. leave it to the pharma girl to know all about meds!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home