/*

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Poker in the Rear

Good game last night. I didn't fall asleep and managed to place second, so I'm pretty happy about that. $35 - Whoo hoo! We actually didn't technically play to the end of the game, but Ian (who was the chip leader) and I were happy to make some sort of arrangement to divvy up the pot, rather than to continue playing. Which was good - cuz I was exhausted. I had a good time though. Playing against Jake, who is like a "Poker Yoda" - "Pokoda" - is very fun and useful. I learn lots from him, although usually after a few glasses of wine, I've forgotten all his helpful tips. But he's very patient, even though he has to explain things to me over and over again, so that's good. I suspect he's beginning to think I may have a learning disability though....

Wow - can I use the word "good" one more time? Sheesh. Too tired to even go back and exchange it for words like "terrific" and "great."

Am still so sleepy today. I slept in ridiculously late, and made some excuse about having a breakfast meeting. You would think that someone would have caught on when I had breakfast delivered from the cafe next door as soon as I got in mid-morning, but I don't think anyone noticed. Anyway, my week continues. Tonight we have Dan's script reading. Tomorrow, I think there is another poker game at Amol's. We're taking AJ out Saturday night, because he'll be all done with his clarinet audition, so I don't think I'll be able to rest until Sunday.

Maybe I'll just lock the door and take a little nap now in my office...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for splitting the pot...I was in no position to play further. I had a grat time, though. I am really looking forward to next time.
-Ian

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for splitting the pot...I was in no position to play further. I had a grat time, though. I am really looking forward to next time.
-Ian

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home