/*

Monday, January 24, 2005

Weekend Recap

Yay Patriots!!

So Max and I have decided to throw a Super Bowl Party, now that we know it's definitely Philly vs. New England. Whoever loses has to be the other's bitch for a day, so there's a lot on the line here. I pointed out to Max that it's "bitch for a day, WITHIN REASON" so no, he can't shave my head. There's definitely got to be some veto power with this. I'm a little nervous about having people over again, on account of the Nasty New Neighbor who's very sensitive to Noise (hereinafter N to the 4th degree) but I figure the cops aren't really going to come out on Super Bowl Sunday right? At least not during the game. Max and I haven't worked out all the details but we're definitely providing Popeye's Fried Chicken. Hmmm....Popeye's. I could write pages about how much I love Popeye's. Especially the spicy kind.

Anyway, had a good weekend. Poker at Amol's on Friday. I went out somewhere in the middle during the first game, and came in third in the second so all in all it was good. We were out really late though so I was exhausted Saturday. We just basically laid around and watched tv. Saturday night we took AJ to Grand Lux Cafe. I love the food there but I just don't get why they have to play such crappy music. Seriously, the music there is generally a total deterrent for me. It's this light soft elevator jazz crap - the kind they play at Sears, as AJ pointed out. Afterwards, we went to Formosa and hung out there for a bit.

Sunday was really all about napping in front of the tv while football was on. Oh I did watch a movie called Laurel Canyon in the morning. Not a very good movie, but Frances McDormand is awesome in it and good god almighty - Christian Bale and this guy Alessandro Nivola are so so so so sexy in it. Ladies - rent this, if only for the eye candy.

So if weren't for the fact that I've been totally debaucherous and gluttonous this week, I'd think that I have mono. Seriously need to start living the healthy life again. This whole barely-sleeping-and-partying thing is really taking a toll on my aging body...especially around the waistline. Dude, I've actually gotten too fat for my watch. The watch I got during Christmas. CHRISTMAS, people. That was just last month. And the only pants I can fit into are the ones that used to be too loose. Too loose Lautrec!! (random thing I always think of when I hear the words "too loose")

2 Comments:

Blogger kate g said...

i'd be offended by the sears comment as my sweetheart works there. but he hates the music too. especially at christmas time.

12:28 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh Christmas shopping music is the worst! I worked at Express one year and really thought I'd have to take a hit out on Mariah Carey.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home