/*

Monday, January 31, 2005

Weekend Recap

Another lovely weekend. Friday night we went over to Amol's to play poker. Alas, neither of us were able to contribute to our Super Bowl Sunday Popeye's Chicken Feast Fund. I went out fourth place in the first tournament, and somewhere towards the beginning in the second but it was a fun night all in all. I can't remember where Max went out, but he didn't win. Max, Amol and I went to Denny's afterwards where I inhaled a plate of corned beef hash, thereby negating all my exercising efforts for the week. Okay, fine, the efforts were limited but still...

Saturday was uneventful as well. Max was hung over from the alcohol, and I was hung over from the corned beef hash so basically we laid around for awhile. We tried to watch A DAY WITHOUT A MEXICAN - "tried" being the key word here. Blech. I decided the only way to get over my corned beef hash hangover was to eat MORE meat so we ended up at this BBQ restaurant at the Grove for dinner. Max and I shared an 11 oz prime rib, a rack of ribs, a whole tri-tip thing, and about four sides. Yet another meal I instantly regretted. We were going to catch the 10:55 screening of SIDEWAYS but as I am an Ancient Old Lady and can't stay up past 11 p.m. unless I'm playing poker, we had to go home. Also, had lapsed into massive food coma and practically fell asleep in the car on the drive home.

Sunday morning I woke up at eleven to Pig clubbing me on the head with her little spotted fists of fury. I felt immediately guilty for not taking her out sooner so I decided to make it up to her. Called up Thode to see if Punk (her dog) would like to have a play date with Pig at the local dog/hiking park. Punk agreed and came over and Pig and Punk had a great time hiking while Thode and I struggled to keep up. Actually, Thode was doing fine, I was the one who was really having difficulties, especially going down hill. See, the slope is very steep, and I really thought I might slide down and die and that would be such a pity. Dying in the midst of all that dog shit is really not the way I want to go.

Max and I finally did catch SIDEWAYS last night - what a great movie. Actually made me want to try to drink finer wine so maybe it's time to give up the two buck chuck.

So that's that. That was my weekend. The only other good news is that Pig's thyroid tests came back fine. Which means she does have to stay on the thyroid pills, but that they're obviously working. So yay - another $30 a month to add to the Pig column...

2 Comments:

Blogger 3am wanderer said...

I got fatter just reading about your bbq meal.

2:28 PM  
Blogger S said...

Yeah. It was really good but really unhealthy. And now I have Popeye's to look forward to this weekend.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home