/*

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

1-2 Step

So I called my sister. Apparently "milkshake" has multiple naughty meanings, everything from body parts to ahem, certain acts, but in that song it DEFINITELY does not mean ice cream and milk in a blender. I suppose it would have been evident to anyone who's seen the video, which Alissa described in detail. Something about cherries and whipcream. Alas, I have not watched MTV since...well...since never, which accounts for my total lack of pop culture knowledge. I agree with Elliot - why do they have to take something nice and innocent and turn it into something sexual? I like milkshakes - the icecream and milk in a blender kind. Now I'll feel weird ordering one at McDonald's.

So I called my mom yesterday after seeing Alissa's comment about Mom teaching her how to 1-2 step. And body roll. Ewwww. My mom is cute, but I really don't ever want to see her body roll. Mom apparently loves the 1-2 step music video and told me she wants to buy it so she can learn the entire dance. She actually told me to watch MTV and catch the video because "Ciara - she's really good! You should really to try to catch it!" She then proceeded to describe to me how when Ciara dances, she bounces her butt up and down in theair. So immediately, the image of my mother dancing with her ass bouncing in the air came to mind. BLEEEEECCCCCHHHHH. I guess Mom really likes the song - she says she likes the beat. I had a whole conversation with her about whether the singer's name was Ciara, because for some reason I thought it was Cicero, but to my dismay, after 3.7 seconds on google, I discovered my mom was RIGHT. It is Ciara.

I'm afraid to ask her if she knows what milkshake means...

Edited to add: When my mom described Ciara's ass, she used the baby word for it in Chinese - the equivalent of "tushie." Made the entire conversation even more ridiculous.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, Mom and her craziness! There's nothing to do but to laugh at it all. hahahahahaha----ewwwwww----but hahahahahaha.

9:03 PM  
Blogger 3am wanderer said...

your mom needs to have a play date with my mom...

11:19 AM  
Blogger S said...

I bet you our moms would like each other. Especially if your mom played mahjong. Cuz my mom likes anyone who plays mahjong.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home