/*

Monday, January 31, 2005

Pig Concerns

Well, I am a little worried about Pig. Yesterday morning, while we were playing fetch she suddenly made this little squeal/yelp sound and immediately stopped playing. Later, she was on the couch and when I tried to move her, rather than making her usual groaning noise, she gave a little yelp. But she was walking fine so I took her to the dog park. On our way back, she was so tired (so I assumed) that she couldn't make it all the way up the stairs. I thought she'd be okay today, but after our walk she stopped in middle of the stairs and just panted. Clearly, she's couldn't make it up the stairs and she's hurt, but I just don't know where. She's not limping or anything, although she didn't walk a straight line up the stairs - she walked sort of diagonally. I ended up carrying her up the rest of the stairs, which is quite a feat for me, considering she weighs more than half of what I weigh. Just called the vet - they said they can't do anything for her without me bringing her in so I'm supposed to just watch her for the next few days. I really hope she's okay :(

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. I'm sorry to hear that. We will be crossing our fingers that it's just a sprain somewhere or something equally easy to fix.

5:25 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks. Maybe it's arthritis or something..

6:12 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Hey Sareet--

I'm very worried after reading your blog. As you know my mom has several dogs and has had several for as long as I can remember--please feel free to give her a call if you have any questions--she has a lot of experience, a lot of friends in the right places (you know, she's the dog-club lady!) and she might be able to either a. ease your mind or b. fill it with more worries---either way, she very much might be able to help--and she loves you. Actually, even if she didn't love you, she loves dogs, so she would be willing to help for Pig's sake:)

Let me know if you need her cell and work number's.

7:08 AM  
Blogger S said...

Elliot - that's really sweet of you to offer. I might take you up on that, if Pig doesn't get better by the end of the week. she seems a little better today, she sort of bounded up a few steps before going back to the one-step-at-a-time thing, and she made it all the way up the stairs without stopping. so maybe she just pulled a muscle or something. i'm going to avoid walking her for a few days and just let her rest up. thank you though!

11:49 AM  
Blogger kate g said...

i'm really concerned too... my sweets dog was acting all goofy like that, yelping and whatnot. they kept attributing it to arthritis etc. she did have a major injury as a puppy it turns out, and nikita ended up having surgery recently which helped tremendously. she had a cyst-esque/growth on her hip, by removing it, she's been herself since then.
i'm not saying pig needs surgery, and i don't know her or you, but i know you love her. i'd take her in as soon as you can... it's expensive, but i think we can all know she's worth it. (and like i said, i don't even know either of you) hope it's ok!
:)

12:46 PM  
Blogger S said...

kate g-

oh a cyst-thing sounds terrible! poor dog. i'm glad to hear she is better though. thanks for your comment -i think i will have to take her in. you're right - it's expensive, but i do love her and i'd rather know that she's okay. and if she's not, i'd rather just get whatever treatment she needs. thanks again!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Thode said...

Poor Pig! She seemed so happy and lively at the park. But maybe we just wore her out. Smart to get her checked out though, you never know. I can't imagine little you carrying her up the stairs. Awww...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home