/*

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hump Day

Last night I dreamt that my brother "Theo" and his girlfriend "Justine" were Animaguses. Animagi. Whatever. They showed up at my apartment in their animal shape - Theo was a brown pitbull/boxer mix and Justine was a golden retriever. They also brought along a dalmatian puppy, who was also an Animagus, but who refused to reveal his human form. So we had no idea who the hell he was. So I started thinking about Wormtail and was trying to figure out what spell Sirius or Lupin had used to make him turn back from a rat to a human and how one of us needed to perform that spell so we could figure out who this dalmatian puppy was. And then I woke up. It's Harry Potter madness, I tell you.

I think I was dreaming about Theo and Justine, because they sent me some awesome marinades from Crate & Barrel, a few of which we used last night, when Kate, her mom Mrs. G, Gerrie (Mrs. G's friend), and Jessi came over for Season Your Own Salmon night at chez moi. The marinades are really good, and I've used them on several other occasions and was glad that everyone seemed excited to try them as well. Everyone seemed to think that SYOS was a really fun idea, kind of the way little kids feel about Make Your Own Sundae parties. I liked it because I didn't have to take any responsibility for how the salmon tasted so I didn't have to worry about messing it up. I had a great time and I think everyone else did too so that was good. Plus my watermelon sorbet seemed to go over well, so I was extra happy about that.

Anyway, I don't feel so much in the mood of going into all the inane and silly things that have happened to me since I last posted, which was - wow - several days ago. There are days when inane and silly things just aren't really on my mind, and this is one of them. I'm very concerned for a friend, but I don't want to make her uncomfortable by pointing a big sign to her, so hopefully she knows I'm thinking of her and hoping for good news next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home