/*

Thursday, August 04, 2005

RV Rampage

So I think it's going to happen. At least I'm going to try damn hard to make it happen.

For a long time now, I've inexplicably had the urge to ride around in a RV, while wearing daisy dukes, a scrunchy, and opening bottles of beer with my teeth. In this fantasy, I also have bleached blond hair and fake nails...and frankly, look like the wife of Dog the Bounty Hunter. I grill hot dogs by the RV, burp the alphabet and make friends with the other RV'ers in the park, which makes no sense at all because I have a suspicious nature and fear strangers (thanks Mom) and would never make random friends with other RV'ers in the park. But then again, I've never wanted to bleach my hair blond (except for maybe 2 weeks in college when it was super short), and I've gotten fake nails before and hated them...Anyway, you get the point - I've wanted to live the white trash RV life. At least for a few days.

And I think it's going to happen. Because apparently other people want it too. Actually, I think they more want to live the MTV Road Rules life but I don't care. We're getting a RV and going on a camping trip at the end of September!!!! Whoo hoo!!!!

I've already sent out a feeler evite and I think we'll definitely have a group of people willing to go - the question will be how many. Followed by where. Where sort of depends on everyone's pocket books, I think. The further we go, the more mileage and gas. I'd love to go to Denver, for obvious reasons, but that would probably take way too long. I think good choices would be Yosemite, Grand Canyon and even Mexico. Except for the fact that I hate Mexico. So maybe not Mexico. Anyway, hopefully Max might be able to join us. We're looking at the weekend of Oct 1st, so there's a chance he might be free.

The only other things we'll have to work out is who'll drive and who's on sewer hose duty. I figure probably best for us to draw sticks or something. Oh please please please don't let me get stuck with sewer hose duty! I don't think I'd feel comfortable on sewer hose duty unless I was in a full length bio hazard suit. Maybe it should just go by who uses the bathroom the most. In that case, I'm getting a catheter installed. Inserted. Whatever.

1 Comments:

Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

You know, I never would have thought of that. You could always do it like a road trip that doesn't have a moving bathroom--you know, stop at rest areas, mcdonald's, etc, and then there are usually public restrooms in campgrounds and stuff aren't there?

Maybe you won't be gone long enough to have to worry about the sewer thing.

I never would have even thought of that.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home