/*

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Moment to Reflect

On Saturday night, at Johnny's Pastrami, a rather drunken friend of mine asked me if I ever felt like I was just wasting my life away. And then today, I checked NannyKate's blog, and she had done this neat thing, so I decided to do it too.

20 years ago I... (1985)
1. was in, crap - what grade was I in? I can't remember how it breaks down. I guess I was in 2nd grade? At a Montessori School? Sweeping rice with a little broom - that was one of my favorite actitivities...weird and oddly foreshadowing, I know.
2. probably made my teacher Miss Rosemary pull out my loose teeth - she was a pro at it
3. got glasses????

10 years ago I... (1995)
1. started senior year in high school
2. was late nearly every morning to AP English - I'd blame it on a train crossing
3. freaked out about college applications (I think...man, I have the worst memory)

5 years ago I... (2000)
1. was working at the same damn company I'm working for now
2. lived with kate - and bought furniture from Ikea with her
3. broke up with my boyfriend from college

3 years ago I... (2002)
1. had been dating Max for a year and a half
2. still lived with kate
3. still worked at the same damn company I'm working for now

1 year ago I... (2004)
1. I threw a lot of bbq/football parties with Max on the weekends at my current apartment
2. went to Hong Kong and Tokyo
3. started my blog

So far this year I... (2005)
1. visited Denver twice
2. went camping for the first time
3. took an evening class at UCLA

Yesterday I...
1. went to work for the same damn company I've been working for, for the past 6 years
2. took a nap with Pig on the couch
3. learned all sorts of nasty things about RV toilets

Today I...
1. slept in and skipped going to the gym this morning
2. made myself a nice breakfast
3. wrote up this post

Tomorrow I will...
1. go to work
2. mail my passport and passport picture to my grandpa, who will be taking it down to the Chinese Consulate so I can get a visa for my upcoming trip to Shanghai
3. go to my pilates class

In the next year I will...
1. find another friggin' job
2. be on a regular exercise routine
3. adopt another dog (maybe)

Incidentally, I had replied "no" to my drunken friend. Not sure what to conclude from this...but now I'm late for work.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate g said...

i think you've done a lot... what's more, you've visited so many places i'm a bit jealous.
and you got to take a nap yesterday. i wish i had. :)
i think you're fabulous, even if we've never met. :)

2:54 PM  
Blogger S said...

Aww you're sweet. I think you're fabulous too!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home