/*

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Will Power

Last night I saw online that there was a yoga class I could take this morning at the gym. I decided that I'd go there early, do some cardio, and then take the class. It'd be perfect start to a Thursday morning, and a good way to get back into the exercising routine. So I packed up my gym bag, charged my Ipod, laid out my gym clothes, set an early alarm, went to bed early, got up early, changed into my gym clothes, took Pig out for a walk, fed Pig....and then changed back into my pajamas, put on my bath robe, made coffee, started breakfast, and plopped my lazy ass in front of the computer. After doing my usual morning check of all my favorite blogs, I contemplated playing a quick game of online poker.

This, among many other reasons, is why I'll never look like Jessica Alba.

6 Comments:

Blogger Junarakasa said...

I'm the same way. I started a yoga class a few weeks ago. It's actually two times a week - but I've only been to one class a week so far - and it's still an effort to go (even if I do like how I feel after the class). I've really come up with over the top excuses as to why I can't go. Yesterday my excuse was that my eyes hurt from working with the computer all day. So instead I went straight home and watched episodes of "Everybody Loves Raymond". So sad.

9:39 AM  
Blogger S said...

My problem is that "I don't feel like it" is a good enough excuse...;)

10:26 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

I think I don't feel like it is a good excuse. If you do something when you seriously just don't want to, it turns you off to that activity totally. Like if you continue to go to church even though you hate it and only go because you feel like you have to--what's the point? You'll only start to have an aversion to church.

Besides, I hate yoga. I wouldn't feel like going to a yoga class early either, and I hate mornings....so....I hear you.

I hate having to go around not wearing shoes.

11:23 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

OK, what is up with the word verification thing on the comment posting page?

11:24 AM  
Blogger S said...

The word verification is to stop the blog spamming. I've gotten a few blog spam comments lately, so I figured I'd set up the word verification thing.

I actually like yoga now, but I really need to get my own mat. I usually just lay a towel over the mat at the gym, carefully noting which side is down, so that the next time I use it, I don't accidentally flip it and get mat germs on me.

I think you're right about doing things when you want to. Kate and I are taking Latin Impact tonight -and I'm actually looking forward to that!

12:12 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Hmm, I've had a few spam comments too--maybe I should look into the word verification.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home