/*

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Creepy or No? Part 2

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."

Funny thing is I googled this quote to make sure I got it right, and the first ten links that came up were about the war in Iraq.

So yesterday night while standing in a ridiculously long line at the grocery store, I ran into this guy again. Like last time, he recognized me, and asked me where my dog was. I told him she was at home guarding the apartment. In hindsight, this would have been the perfect opportunity to have said, "She's at home with my big hunky 300 lb 8 ft tall boyfriend who's a convicted killer but got off on a legal technicality" but that just didn't come to me. Then he asked me where I lived and of course, at first, I couldn't really remember what I told him before, so I gave him the true answer but then I remembered my lie so I tried to incorporate it. If you go back to the old post, I basically told him I lived on X street, but right up close to Y street. He said, Oh by the gas station? and I said, not far from it. Which is kind of true. Then he asked if I lived in the front or back, which really creeped me out (hence, creepy or not??? I open the debate again) so I said in the middle because what if he was trying to figure out which apartment I lived in???? He said he lived in the back, so the street noise was not too bad, but that he could hear the fire station. He muttered something about living 4 or 5 building north of the fire station (which puts him practically directly across the street from me) but the CREEPY thing is, I'm pretty sure he told me he lived one building south of the firestation the last time I talked to him.

Anyway, that was the end of the conversation, and for once, I was somewhat glad that the guy in front of me in line had some crazy double coupon that wasn't ringing up properly so I didn't get out of the store for another fifteen minutes. So I felt safer as it was unlikely that Creepy Guy would wait for me and try to follow me home. Incidentally, Double Coupon guy actually saved $44 dollars, and I watched his $50 grocery bill go down to $6. Impressive.

Yes, I know I'm a total paranoid freak. It runs in the family. Both my sister and mom found my first Creepy or Not? story very creepy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please clarify that the paranoia symptom does not come from me when you refer from inheriting IT from the family.

1:38 PM  
Blogger S said...

LOL.

Okay, to clarify, the "crazy" runs (deeply) in my mom's side of the family, not my Dad's.

Actually, that's not quite true b/c my grandma on my dad's side of the family can be a bit nutty too.

So to be fair, the "crazy" is not inherited from my Dad, specifically. Haha.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree that this one is pretty creepy. i hate when people recognize me that I don't recognize. although, now that I don't know anyone within 300 miles of here, it might be kind of nice to talk to a creep...

6:18 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Go with your gut - don't worry about being polite. If you see him again and he asks a weird question like if you live in the front or back, ask him why he wants to know that. He probably just asked in regards to the noise level and may not have realized how creepy it sounds but so what? He's a grown man and will have to learn social skills sooner or later.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home