/*

Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend Recap

Well Friday afternoon we had our office pool party. I ended up wearing the bikini, but opted to suck in my gut, and stay in water as much as possible, so I don't think I grossed anyone out too much. The party was fun and relaxing. It was at one of the owner's mansion up on Mulholland Drive. Amazing house. Anyway, there was food, booze, swimming, and a fairly well-known comic book writer came by too. I was in a great mood until I got home and heard from Max that the company he is working for in Denver has offered him more money, in exchange for a six month contract. Man that sucks. We talked about it for a long time, and are going to take the deal for all sorts of good, responsible, mature reasons, but that still didn't keep me from bawling like a baby.

Anyway. Saturday, I seem to recall I spent it playing online poker and watching tv. Oh that's right - I watched another Cheers Season 4 dvds from Netflix. Saturday night I went to Boardwalk 11 for Tony's birthday party. As usual, I didn't sing but Benjamin and I did turn wherever we were standing into a two person dance floor. Yup. Didn't matter that there was actually a dance floor by the stage - the real dance floor was anywhere we were standing. We tried out different moves and Kate even joined us occasionally (turning it into a 3 person dance floor) and did her Molly Ringwald and the Roger Rabbit (I kept trying and failing at both - cringing as I think about this...). After Boardwalk, we over to Johnny's Pastrami, an all night pastrami sandwich place. Yum. I'm getting hungry just thinking about a pastrami.

Sunday I just sat around again. Did some cleaning, some grocery shopping. Ad, Amol and Ben had called me on a conference call, inviting me over to bbq but I wasn't around to pick up the call so it went straight to voicemail. I was highly amused to discover, when I checked my messages, that they had somehow forgotten to hang up, and the entire rest of their conversation was recorded. So I of course listened eagerly, hoping to catch some juicy gossip, but sadly there was none. It was pretty funny though.

4 Comments:

Blogger LypstykGirl said...

Sorry about Max having to stay longer but now he'll have more $ to buy you presents!

BTW - Who was the comic book writer?

5:47 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks. It was Frank Miller.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right! I agree with lypstykgirl. If Max is making more money, then he should have more money to fly home and see you or fly you out there, right? I'm sorry...it sucks! I guess you'd better buy some skis!!

4:22 AM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

OMIGOD FRANK MILLER!!!

Very cool...

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home