/*

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Dinner

So Thanksgiving turned out every bit as wonderful as I hoped it would be. Our friends came over bearing all sorts of yummy side dishes and desserts. Courtney brought yams, Josh brought Thode's Grandma's beets & bacon, Paul brought mashed potatoes, Lypstykgirl brought her famous stuffing, Jason and Jeremy brought pumpkin rolls, and Grayling AJ brought his waldorf salad. Everyone also brought wine. I made the green bean casserole (which AJ complimented heartily and said it looked exactly like his mom's gb casserole - she must follow the recipe on the back of the Durkee's Fried Onion Can too) and surprised Max with Danish cabbage. Normally, Max makes the Danish cabbage, which is a requisite family Thanksgiving dish, but since he was so swamped with work, I decided to give it a try. I followed his dad's instructions religiously, including the "stir the cabbage and drink some wine while you wait for it to cook" parts and it turned out surprisingly well. The only slight hiccup to the dinner was the fact that Max accidentally cooked the turkey upside down, so that when I went to slice it, I was horrified because I kept hitting what I thought was the bone in the breast. There appeared to be no meat on this 17 lb Zacky's Farm Turkey and after mauling 1/2 of the "breast" there was only one small plate of turkey meat. Turns out, I was trying to slice the BACK of the turkey like one would slice the breast. When we finally figured it out (and considering we're all pretty smart people it took an alarming long time) and flipped the bird over, we were all good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww sis! I'm glad everything turned out well! Great Job!! Maybe this year you can make your family a fabulous xmas dinner! (wink wink, nudge nudge)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home