/*

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

are so #$*&ing hard to keep.

My sister called me over the weekend to see how they were coming along. Very poorly. That's all I can say.

Case in point - am typing this from the office right now.

Also - have not found a charity to tithe to yet. Have not actually tried.

I did manage to make it to the gym last night and I have been cooking at home, so I probably shouldn't be so hard on myself. Considering how awful the food that I make is (there is a rather gross attempt at Chinese ma po tofu with ground turkey because I couldn't find ground pork and I figured it'd be the same thing but it's not sitting in a Tupperware container in the back of my fridge right now), I may actually lose the 3 lbs I gained over the holidays since I don't want to eat any of it. I've flossed daily, although that one day that I got the floss tangled around my index finger and the tip of it turned a scary blue while I ran around trying to find scissors was a good argument for NOT flossing so frequently. Also, the nasty look I got from the driver in the next lane while I flossed at a stoplight the other day also made me reconsider my dedication to this resolution.

I have taken up some new hobbies so to speak, but I don't think playing countless hours of the Harry Potter PS2 game and watching Battlestar Galatica on DVD really counts as self-improvement.

(*sigh*)

Pig's teeth however, are getting cleaner and last night she closed her eyes as I was brushing them. Which coincidentally is what I do when I'm at the dentist's office and am sick of counting ceiling tiles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh- i just posted, then the computer lost it...

I hate flossing cuz my teeth are crooked. it's a real pain. but i got this thing:
http://www.reachaccess.com/reachaccess/home.html
and i floss everyday now, since it doesn't suck as much. eliminates the blue finger anticirculation entirely. and- i think it's cleaner than putting your hands in your mouth, which you should really dig. now i sound like spam.

11:03 AM  
Blogger S said...

I haven't tried that one but I have tried the vibrating hummingbird one. Which is okay. Sometimes I feel like I don't have enough control of the floss with it - like it's just going to snap in.

Either way - flossing sucks. I hates it.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home