/*

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2006 Resolutions

Well, I made a bunch of resolutions last year, none of which I kept, I'm sad to say, so I almost didn't make any this year, because - why bother? But, that's not a very good attitude and I do like the idea of at least trying to improve myself, so rather than listing specifics like "exercise 4 times a week" I've decided to jot down a few general things.

1.) Be healthier

This is a bit broad I know, but I really want to live healthier. Don't get me wrong, I don't think my current life style is unhealthy, but I really should go to the gym more and quit eating so much processed foods. I should floss and take a multivitamin on a daily basis, and drink more water. And drink less alcohol. And sleep more. Stuff like that. You know what I'm talking about. I'm sure you all make the same resolutions too.

2.) Do things besides playing poker online and watching TV

Also broad and general, but hey, it's my resolution and my blog. It really occured to me that after work, I normally spend about 4 hours either playing poker online or watching TV. And I really should do other things besides that. One thing that works in conjuction with Resolution #1 is to actually cook a meal for myself, rather than nuking something up in the microwave. And going to the gym at night, obviously. I also want to read more - my reluctance to pay my $30 library fee has contributed to a lot of the TV watching and that just really has to stop. I do love Law & Order and Golden Girls, but there's no reason to watch over 15 hours of those shows a week. Might be time to take another class too. Like basic Spanish. Would be very useful living in Southern California.

3.) Donate
One 2005 resolution which I did not keep at all was to find a way to tithe regularly. I think that's the word - "tithe." Anyway, this year, I want to donate a certain amount every month to an organization I support and actually write a check, like I'm paying a bill or something.

4.) Work more efficiently

I know I do mess around at work a lot and so does the rest of the world, but I am going to try to make an effort to not do that. As much. I'd rather work hard for fewer hours and go home early that to hang around the office. Of course, I'm blogging at the office at this moment, so I can already tell Resolution #4 is going to be a tough one.

Anyway, those are my resolutions. I think I will do a monthly post like I started to do last year , just to see check in on my progress is. Hopefully better than last year...

5 Comments:

Blogger Junarakasa said...

Happy New Year! Like you, one of my resolutions is to stop wasting time at work. And yet I'm posting this comment while at work. It's the 4th day of the year and already this is tough!

1:13 PM  
Blogger S said...

I know! I'm having a terrible time with it too. Yesterday I spent an hour chatting with a co-worker about her holidays!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a good resolution (also posted from work). reducing the amount of not-work done, anyway. reducing it too much or trying to eliminate it though... probably not as good an idea. these are the things people do during the day so they don't kill themselves. work is hard- if it wasn't they would name it something else.

i really like the kind of loosely defined resolutions. maybe being able to improve without being held to strict measures will allow for more success, which will definitely help motivation. good luck also on pig's dental. i just read that you're supposed to brush cat teeth also, since they don't get to tear raw pieces of flesh like they would in the wild. ugh... andy will have to take care of that himself!

10:30 AM  
Blogger S said...

Hmm.. I wonder if you're supposed to brush bunny teeth too?

Yeah, I like the general resolutions. I'm sort of thinking of them as "things to be mindful of." Like "heightened awareness." Hopefully it works.

5:21 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Actually, you don't have to brush bunny teeth, as long as you give them plenty of hay.....the biggest problem with bunny teeth is them getting sharp in the back, from not eating enough hay to grind them down.

Oh yeah, this is also, from work.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home