/*

Friday, December 09, 2005

Fundraiser Gala

So last night I went to this fundraiser gala thing for the rescue group that I got Pig from. Free vodka drinks and appetizers. Fun fun. Anyway, I went up and said hi to one of the volunteers who completely did not recognize me. I've always suspected I could rob a bank with no make-up on and with my hair in a pony tail, and if I just wore make up and left my hair down for the rest of my life, I'd probably never be identified. This woman blinked and stared at me and was like "Oh wow, you look so different. ..I didn't recognize you....It's just that you were always in sweats. And had glasses on."

Anyway, the event was fun. Jonathan Silverman, (of Weekend at Bernie's and the short lived sitcom The Single Guy fame) and I hung out and showed each other cell phone pictures of our dogs. I had a few too many vodka drinks and nearly bidded $600 on a weekend stay in a cabin at Big Bear, but luckily my assistant, who I brought with me, stopped me in time. I unfortunately was unable to stop her from bidding $40 on a small basket of body lotions and soaps, but she said she felt it was going to a good cause so I don't feel too badly about it.

The whole event reminded me of how grateful I am that Pig came into my life and how I really have the Bill Foundation to thank for it. Had they not gone to the high-kill shelters, and rescued Pig, out of the hundreds of dogs there (and they can really only save 2-3 dogs each time they go in there), she would have been put to sleep. So, if any of you are looking for an additional charity to donate to, especially since all donations are tax deductible and we are approaching the end of the year, I would highly recommend giving to the Bill Foundation. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.billfoundation.org/index.html

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great point, Sareet. Dogs are the bestest bestest creatures, and our rescues are awful cute. :)

-aj

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sareet - i almost cried after reading the last paragraph. i'm sure pig is very grateful too. you are lucky to have found each other.

--say-a-e

3:55 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

AWWW! That's so nice. I love Pig - she is such a sweetie (and I don't consider myself a "dog person").

I was invited to a fancy pants fundraiser (got to see Clint Eastwood, which was neat-o) and the free booze was a-flowin'. After some Maker's Mark, I thought, "Wouldn't it funny if I raise my fan for an opening bid during the live auction?" Mike's look of alarm talked my out of it because with my luck, I would hear, "And the $10,000 trip to Italy goes to the young lady."

4:51 PM  
Blogger S said...

aj - yes, our rescues are sooo cute!

say-a-e - thanks for commenting. We are both very lucky.

Lypstykgirl - it's nice we have the presence of mind to bring people who'd stop us from doing things like that!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home