/*

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thursday Blah's

Woke up grossly late this morning. Like at 10:00 a.m. late. Yikes! My trusty alarm, Pig, slept in for some reason. Maybe because we had a late night.

I blame Trader Joe's for my late night. After my super long yoga class in Marina del Rey (which I was not able to talk Amol into - bastard) - I - wait, let me first talk about the crazy yoga instructor. First of all, she seriously would not shut up. And she was really really into yoga and Sanskrit. Half the time I had no idea what she was saying. And when I did understand the actual words, they didn't make any sense to me. She'd say things like, "You are noble, you are divine....Push away the negative energy without judgement...Come to a greater equilibrium. Your color is beautiful, feel your color, let your color reach the white light..."

White light? What white light? Does she mean the flourescent lights in the ceiling?

Incidentally, the only Sanskrit I know is the word "Namaste" which all yoga instructors say at the end of each class. And I used to do say it back, thinking it meant "Bye, have a good night, great yoga session, thanks!" until one instructor explained that "Namaste" means, "The divine spirit within me recognizes the divine spirit within you." And then I stopped saying it...because that's just silly. Sorry.

Anyway, long yoga class. Got home late. I had bought 2 chicken breasts from TJ's a few days ago, and decided that despite the late hour, I would throw all the ingredients into my slow cooker to make my favorite Chinese radish/turnip and carrot soup. Normally you make it with pork ribs, but I didn't have any and figured chicken breasts would be just as good. I had defrosted an extra chicken breast from the freezer (needed 3 to make my soup) so I went about peeling and cutting the radish and carrots, which took some time. I threw in the defrosted breast. And then I opened the TJ chicken breasts and yuck, they stank. The chicken had gone bad. And there I was, a little after midnight, standing in the kitchen in my flannel pajamas, with only one breast for my soup. I could have run to the store, but really didn't want to, so I raided the freezer and fridge for any meat I could add to the soup. I decided against the ham, and several packages of sausages I found, but figured a small boneless pork chop might be helpful so I threw that in the slow cooker.

So anyway, long stupid story short, I woke up at late this morning, to some wonderful smelling but rather bland soup.

Grr...Friggin' TJ's....

4 Comments:

Blogger Plumb said...

Dude, I got some bad chicken from TJ's once, too. I ate it anyways, but didn't die. The End.

4:03 PM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

Plumb--you ate it anyways?? Holy crap, you have some serious balls.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate really has found the yang to her yin or whatever. i thought i was gonna cry laughing (wait, i think i did) when she ate eggs we were a little unsure of. she didn't die either.

10:43 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yes, kate and plumb are a good match. When I used to live with Kate, I figured if something didn't pass her inspection, it was time to remove said item not only out of the fridge, but out of the apt.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home