/*

Monday, December 05, 2005

Weekend Recap

Man I can't believe it's Monday. Sucks.

I wish it were the weekend again. Work got incredibly stressful last week as the dreaded renegotiation of my current contract with the company began. I've had two intense long powwows with the two partners (both over 70, so you can imagine the experience they have on me) and have felt so drained after locking horns with them for hours at a time, so to speak, that I can barely drive myself home. It's really just the thought of a nice glass of wine and Pig's company that gets me home each night. Otherwise, the janitor might very well find me sitting in my office, staring off in space while I contemplate how I can make a living making perfume sachets out of fancy fabric with Kate, and selling them to Urban Outfitters at a huge profit. Or maybe starting up a doggie day care service.

But I did make it home Friday night. And then out again to see a play. It was well written although frankly, I just don't really have an appreciation for theater. I find the acting to be so hammy and over the top. Just not my style I don't think. Afterwards, I met up with the gang at a bar called Nacional. The size of the dance floor was decent and the music was okay. The drinks were ridiculously overpriced though. The best part of the night was that I was so hungry (had only had a few pieces of bread and a handful of peanut m&m's for dinner) that I actually for the first time, ate one of those hotdogs wrapped in bacon that you buy off of some guy cooking them on the street. I've been tempted many times before, but I've always been worried that they're not very sanitary. That fateful night, I gave one a try and IT WAS AWESOME. So good. And I didn't get sick. Even better.

Saturday was a sit-at-home-and-nap-with-Pig-on-the-couch-day. So nice. She's much more willing to cuddle and spoon with me now that it's getting colder. I also went to the gym and took a Total Body Conditioning class, where I did about a million "butt tucks." I wish there were better names for some of these moves. Like maybe "Exercise A." Or "Move 101." The other day, I did a bunch of "booty bops" where according to the crazy aerobics instructor, I had to pretend "my ass was hanging over a large pail of water, but there's crap on my ass, so I want to dip it in the water so it'll wash off, but I don't want to dip my entire ass in there, I only want to skim the surface."

I am. not. kidding. Lyptykgirl, who took the class with me, can confirm.

For the record, if there's crap on my ass, I want some Charmin and a hot shower - not a large pail of water to skim my ass over.

Anyway, Sunday was another pretty laid back day. Some people gathered to play football, but Thode and I brought our dogs instead and just cheerleaded. It was a beautiful day out and I had a very relaxing afternoon. Later we played the world's most boring game of poker. It took over two hours for the five person game to finish as everyone was checking and half watching the Manchurian candidate. But I'd rather do that, than be here. Of course, I'm guessing I'm not alone.

Mondays suck.

10 Comments:

Blogger kate g said...

i will totally start a doggie day care with you. except i'm in ny.... if we can figure out a cross-country scheme, we should.

you're instructor really... rocks.

and last, you have awesome friends who read the people who you've linked to (who've linked to you) and comment to make it better. :) you're a lucky girl!

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you make sachets, let me know. i will knit little hanging strings for them. people in nyc pay tons of money for that crap. there's a huge "holiday marketplace" in union square right now, literally acres of people selling that stuff.

by the way... ha hah on the can exercising. i can only imagine you boiling your ass if there were ever crap on it. i thought of you yesterday, actually, when i was downtown, and realized i needed a ladies' room, for ladies' reasons. i went into this horendous bathroom at a mcdonalds- because go ahead and try to find a public restroom in nyc!!- and debated... do i hover? do i cover the seat with toilet paper? I didn't really have to go, i had other buisness- should i just avoid the toilet area all together? And then i remembered sareet- covering and hovering (sounds like hashbrowns in the south), and my problem was solved...

10:05 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:28 AM  
Blogger ElliottPreciousPants said...

You guys crack me up. And I thought it was bad when I had an instructor at Bally's in Ann Arbor that referred to the 'nipple-line' as a point of reference on the body.

11:33 AM  
Blogger S said...

kate g - you're sweet. we'll have to think about the cross-country scheme.

melissa - so flattered you thought about me in the toilet! the hover & cover method is by far the best - that way should you slip or your legs give out, you're protected!

elliot - the phrase "nipple-line" is one I'd rather not have thought about. The same booty bop crazy aerobic instructor referred to it as a "bra-line" which made me giggle at the time, but is far better than "nipple - line."

what is it with aerobics instructors???

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it's just my job (definitely), but i use the word nipple line daily....

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as well as "wide spaced nipples," as in, "pt has wide spaced nipples, nml karyotype..." ugh.

12:37 PM  
Blogger LypstykGirl said...

I told myself that I must've heard the instructor wrong...but yes, she did say that. I was horrified.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't know what's more disturbing, the fact that hovering over a bucket with a piece of crap stuck to your ass was the best visualization your instructor could come up with, or the fact that your instructor implicitly admitted to having experience hovering over a bucket, trying to remove a piece of clingy crap...

2:33 AM  
Blogger S said...

Excellent point, Johan!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home